• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lateral Filing Cabinets

26 posts in this topic

1. (Right?) Click on any picture on the internet or any hosted site.

2. Choose open in new tab.

3. Copy url from new tab and paste in your post.

4. Let board software auto embed (do not click "display as link instead")

When I click on any of the photobucket links posted in this thread all I did was copy the url and paste it. 

Edited by bababooey

On 3/24/2022 at 3:35 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

And I feel like I should help, but I'm not sure what an issue it could be :cheers: 

And I do appreciate you making the effort.

:foryou:

This is my understanding of the situation though. I've been posting here on and off for seventeen years and I believe I've posted over a thousand images in that time. This "Hepcat will still be Hepcat" thread is particularly loaded with pictures I've posted:

Up until the change in 2016 I could upload pics from either my hard drive or hot link to other places including my Photobucket account. With the changes that occurred in 2016, getting hot linked pictures to embed became more difficult. The program would get "confused" if you copied and pasted several hot linked pictures at one time. And it didn't like/need the IMG] tags. It would show them. So I adapted. I took the trouble to post images one at a time so that the program would embed them individually. 

But there seems to have been a further change for the worse. Yesterday evening the program here wouldn't even consent to embed hot linked pictures individually unless the hot link was to a picture somewhere else on this very forum. Therefore quickly copying and pasting from an external source doesn't work here anymore for even one picture mixed into text. It seems I can only get pictures to embed now by going through the time consuming process of uploading these pictures onto my hard drive first and then using the Attach feature.

And to aggravate me further the Photobucket Search program has stopped working for me. If for example I Search for Green Lantern 10 which is an exact title I've used for a cover scan, I get zero hits! Unbelievable. To get to Green Lantern 10 in my Photobucket Comics album now takes about ten minutes of scrolling time since that album has over 2000 images. Arrrggghhhh! 

:frustrated:

On 3/24/2022 at 5:40 PM, Hepcat said:

And I do appreciate you making the effort.

:foryou:

This is my understanding of the situation though. I've been posting here on and off for seventeen years and I believe I've posted over a thousand images in that time. This "Hepcat will still be Hepcat" thread is particularly loaded with pictures I've posted:

Up until the change in 2016 I could upload pics from either my hard drive or hot link to other places including my Photobucket account. With the changes that occurred in 2016, getting hot linked pictures to embed became more difficult. The program would get "confused" if you copied and pasted several hot linked pictures at one time. And it didn't like/need the IMG] tags. It would show them. So I adapted. I took the trouble to post images one at a time so that the program would embed them individually. 

But there seems to have been a further change for the worse. Yesterday evening the program here wouldn't even consent to embed hot linked pictures individually unless the hot link was to a picture somewhere else on this very forum. Therefore quickly copying and pasting from an external source doesn't work here anymore for even one picture mixed into text. It seems I can only get pictures to embed now by going through the time consuming process of uploading these pictures onto my hard drive first and then using the Attach feature.

And to aggravate me further the Photobucket Search program has stopped working for me. If for example I Search for Green Lantern 10 which is an exact title I've used for a cover scan, I get zero hits! Unbelievable. To get to Green Lantern 10 in my Photobucket Comics album now takes about ten minutes of scrolling time since that album has over 2000 images. Arrrggghhhh! 

:frustrated:

Indeed. I can see how that is aggravating lol

I will say, I got a few pics posted back in 2016, the change happened that Nov to December, so I had a couple of months with the old style. I picked up the transition better because I hadn't totally learned the "old ways yet" lol

I now consider myself lucky, that was what i assume 15 to 16 years of using 3rd parties to load a pic, then to suddenly change.

Also, then photobucket was requiring a subscription to continue to allow use, that was also a hubbub of aggravation, in it's own right. So those thankful, as a casual observer, as again I'm sure it all is :pullhair:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 3/24/2022 at 5:16 PM, bababooey said:

1. (Right?) Click on any picture on the internet or any hosted site.

2. Choose open in new tab.

3. Copy url from new tab and paste in your post.

4. Let board software auto embed (do not click "display as link instead")

When I click on any of the photobucket links posted in this thread all I did was copy the url and paste it. 

Hmmmm. Right clicking and "Copying image address" of one of yesterday's pictures:

HepcatComicsLazyBoy.jpg

Right clicking and selecting "Open image in a new tab" first:

HepcatComicsLazyBoy.jpg

Works either way right now.

Okay. But let's see what happens when I go to the original source on the Universal Monster Army site linking to my Photobucket account from which I got the pictures yesterday:

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g434/Balticprince/HepcatComicsLazyBoy.jpg

"The link could not be embedded because only https URLs are allowed" is the message I get. So let's see if adding the s works:

HepcatComicsLazyBoy.jpg

So it does now but I believe I tried that trick yesterday and it didn't work.

What seems to be happening though is that for whatever reason the UMA site drops the s from https: in image addresses and the program here refuses to embed without the s. So adding the s manually is another hoop through which I need to jump to post images here since UMA has a very good Search program where I can find Images I've posted within seconds.

hm