• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"CGC crossover special!!" Get 50%off for cgc to grade other companies slabs
7 7

223 posts in this topic

CGC is introducing a CrossOver service that, for a limited time, provides a 50% discount on CGC’s grading fees for comics that were previously graded and encapsulated by another grading company.

Here's how it works:

• Comics submitted for CrossOver must be intact in another grading company’s holder.
  • These comics will be removed by CGC from that company’s holder and graded according to CGC’s grading standards.
  • They will then be encapsulated in CGC’s state-of-the-art holder, which combines superior optics and the most advanced archival materials, making it ideal for visual display and preservation.

Submissions for CGC’s CrossOver service will initially be accepted at the CGC booth #2522 at New York Comic Con.  CrossOver service will also be made available on the CGC online order form in the coming weeks to enable collectors to mail in submissions.

1 minute ago, Cozmo-One said:

I got the email too, but was under the impression it was only for those dropped off at NYCC.  Or can we send in other books as well?

It says that it will also be on the online form in a couple of weeks....  :foryou:

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

Submissions for CGC’s CrossOver service will initially be accepted at the CGC booth #2522 at New York Comic Con.  CrossOver service will also be made available on the CGC online order form in the coming weeks to enable collectors to mail in submissions.

Thanks!  Would help if I actually read the email a little closer :blush:

1 minute ago, Cozmo-One said:

Thanks!  Would help if I actually read the email a little closer :blush:

This is the part that I don't understand...  does this mean no economy, value or modern?

CGC CrossOver fees are being offered at these special introductory levels:

• Standard: $32.50
  • Express: $50
  • Walkthru: 1.5% of the Declared Value, $75 minimum

11 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

so it's for blue label books essentially.  how is this different than me just sending my book in now?

50% off (shrug)

If you still have any in other companies cases that is. 

I have 2, but they are moderns and 50% $18 for 2 books doesn't get my motor running...

34 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

CGC is introducing a CrossOver service that, for a limited time, provides a 50% discount on CGC’s grading fees for comics that were previously graded and encapsulated by another grading company.

Here's how it works:

• Comics submitted for CrossOver must be intact in another grading company’s holder.
  • These comics will be removed by CGC from that company’s holder and graded according to CGC’s grading standards.
  • They will then be encapsulated in CGC’s state-of-the-art holder, which combines superior optics, except for the Newton Rings and the most advanced archival materials, making it ideal for visual display, except for the Newton Rings and preservation.

Fixed

11 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

50% off (shrug)

If you still have any in other companies cases that is. 

I have 2, but they are moderns and 50% $18 for 2 books doesn't get my motor running...

I've got an Iron Man #55 I'd like to get CrossOver'd, but seeing as how the 50% only appears to be for NYCC, there's not much I can do about it.

43 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

This is the part that I don't understand...  does this mean no economy, value or modern?

CGC CrossOver fees are being offered at these special introductory levels:

• Standard: $32.50
  • Express: $50
  • Walkthru: 1.5% of the Declared Value, $75 minimum

$32.50 to have your bubble burst once it dawns on you as to what was really lurking in those other company's slabs! I'll climb way out on a limb and predict that these revelations will produce plenty of weeping and gnashing of teeth! :angel:

19 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

I've got an Iron Man #55 I'd like to get CrossOver'd, but seeing as how the 50% only appears to be for NYCC, there's not much I can do about it.

It's not just for NYCC (shrug)

It'll be on the online form in a couple of weeks.... sigh

Does CGC sense blood in the water for the longe term survival of the other grading companies?  Is this just a really interesting new tactic?  Should I run around NYCC tomorrow grabbing CBCS slabs for hopefully a lower price then using this new service?