• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"CGC crossover special!!" Get 50%off for cgc to grade other companies slabs
7 7

223 posts in this topic

On 10/25/2018 at 6:00 PM, Bird said:

And at that cost many may consider pressing with CCS first, so more $ for them and a better chance of not getting that grade drop.

If you submit crossover books under standard tier or higher along with pressing then I'm not sure if they'll go directly to ccs before being screened??? If they do go to CCS before screening then it wouldn't make much sense as they could possibly have some restoration or whatever while being pressed. Be nice to have some clarification on this

6 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

If you submit crossover books under standard tier or higher along with pressing then I'm not sure if they'll go directly to ccs before being screened??? If they do go to CCS before screening then it wouldn't make much sense as they could possibly have some restoration or whatever while being pressed. Be nice to have some clarification on this

They are screened first then you have the option to press standard and up

4 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

They are screened first then you have the option to press standard and up

Yeah that's assuming they bet back to me. I'm not sure if they will since the representative on the phone indicated they may not unless they think there's a possibility of a downgrade.

Anyhow I'd want to have 2 of my possible submissions pressed anyway whether they recommend or not just to be extra sure to avoid downgrade

Just now, MGsimba77 said:

Yeah that's assuming they bet back to me. I'm not sure if they will since the representative on the phone indicated they may not unless they think there's a possibility of a downgrade.

Anyhow I'd want to have 2 of my possible submissions pressed anyway whether they recommend or not just to be extra sure to avoid downgrade

If it is standard or up they have to reach out to you for authorization to proceed. 

7 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

If it is standard or up they have to reach out to you for authorization to proceed. 

Ok thanks. I asked specifically for standard tier & up. Infact I asked twice & the answer was they'll only email me if screeners think it's warranted. That's why I hate calling these people with questions that aren't just "what's the status of my submission". They're not terribly informed. It's frustrating as hell! :pullhair:

On 11/7/2018 at 8:20 AM, sagii said:

HC3.jpg

CC4.jpg

Nice.  Did CGC honor the $10 grading fee on the book that dropped in grade?  Since they charge the full fee at the verified stage, did you get a refund or a credit?  Two of my five submissions dropped and I’m curious how the $10 fee works.

2 minutes ago, walclark said:

Nice.  Did CGC honor the $10 grading fee on the book that dropped in grade?  Since they charge the full fee at the verified stage, did you get a refund or a credit?  Two of my five submissions dropped and I’m curious how the $10 fee works.

Hey Walter :hi:

When i submitted it was during the roll out at NYCC. That little nugget wasn't in the deal yet. CGC sent out a follow up e-mail adding the $credit to the pot as an incentive after NYCC. I suppose i could ask them to honor the deal for me, but just haven't reached out.

..But i have read Boardie posts where they have been (or were 'promised' the $10 because swap out came in lower in the CGC case.)

@n2wdw may be the Boardie i'm thinking abaout. 

1 minute ago, sagii said:

Hey Walter :hi:

When i submitted it was during the roll out at NYCC. That little nugget wasn't in the deal yet. CGC sent out a follow up e-mail adding the $credit to the pot as an incentive after NYCC. I suppose i could ask them to honor the deal for me, but just haven't reached out.

..But i have read Boardie posts where they have been (or were 'promised' the $10 because swap out came in lower in the CGC case.)

@n2wdw may be the Boardie i'm thinking abaout. 

I’ve got an email off to them asking how they handle that.  Will see what they say.

59 minutes ago, walclark said:

I talked to customer service about this today.  She said they credit your cgc account but will refund the money if you request it. I didn't really get a good idea of how long it takes to get it. 

On 12/12/2018 at 9:32 PM, BriD. said:

I talked to customer service about this today.  She said they credit your cgc account but will refund the money if you request it. I didn't really get a good idea of how long it takes to get it. 

Bree is working on it for me.  I guess it doesn’t happen automatically and it’s one of those things you have to stay on top of and request.  Think of it like a mail-in rebate.

I got the grades back on two more crossover comics.

Hangman #8 CBCS 2.5 ow/w = CGC 2.5 ow/w

Captain Battle Jr. #2 CBCS 7.5 ow/w = CGC 7.5 ow

10 minutes ago, walclark said:

Bree is working on it for me.  I guess it doesn’t happen automatically and it’s one of those things you have to stay on top of and request.  Think of it like a mail-in rebate.

I got the grades back on two more crossover comics.

Hangman #8 CBCS 2.5 ow/w = CGC 2.5 ow/w

Captain Battle Jr. #2 CBCS 7.5 ow/w = CGC 7.5 ow

It did kind of seem like if I hadn't called nothing would have happened. Anyway, I got my refund today so they take care of it pretty quickly.

On 12/15/2018 at 5:53 AM, Callaway29 said:

FWIW my sole crossover result so far is a cbcs asm14 4.5 ow/w, coming back exactly the same but in CGC case. I’ll take it...

Scratch that, looked at the results online wrong. Not that anyone cares but if we’re tracking results for trends want to give good info...got dinged by one PQ level, came back off-white.

HURRY!  SPECIAL CROSSOVER INCENTIVES END JANUARY 31!

If you were thinking of submitting your graded comics to CGC, now’s the time! The Crossover tier will remain an ongoing CGC service, however, the introductory incentives launched in October 2018 will be ending February 1, 2019.

Books postmarked no later than January 31, 2019 will still be eligible to receive the following: 

• Free screening for CrossOver submissions at Standard, Express and WalkThru tiers.  This means that CGC will screen CrossOver submissions in their existing holder, and if the Grader feels that the book’s grade may decrease, CGC will contact you with the option to not proceed.
  • A flat grading fee of $10 for any books that go down in grade, regardless of tier and value.
  • CrossOver discounts of up to 40-50% off regular grading fees for books that earn the same or higher grade.

Beginning February 1, 2019, CGC will no longer provide free screenings.  Any comics submitted for CrossOver will automatically be re-graded.  There will also be one grading rate regardless of what grade the book receives.  Still, these post-promotion rates will be 40-50% LESS than our standard grading fees, allowing for a CGC-graded book at a fraction of the cost of a raw submission.  The rates as of February 1 will be as follows:

• Modern: $12
  • Value: $16.20
  • Economy: $22.80
  • Standard: $32.50
  • Express: $50
  • WalkThru: 1.5% of the Declared Value, $75 minimum 

CGC’s CrossOver service encompasses all CGC grading tiers on CGC's online submission form.  To submit for CGC CrossOver, books must be intact in another grading company’s holder. Comics will be removed by CGC from that company’s holder and graded according to CGC’s grading standards. Books will then be encapsulated in CGC’s state-of-the-art holder, which combines superior optics and the most advanced archival materials, making it ideal for visual display and preservation.

Please note: There is no guarantee that the grade assigned by CGC will be the same as the grade assigned by the other grading service. Signed collectibles submitted under the CrossOver service will not receive a CGC Signature Series label. The CGC online form allows free members to submit at shows, and paid members to submit at shows or through the mail. If you have additional questions regarding CGC’s CrossOver Service, please contact CGC Customer Service at 1-877-662-6642.

Sent in 9 books. 8 moderns and 1 value tier. 

Will post updates. 

Iron Man 88 9.0 30 cent PV  I expect this to go up  

Iron Man 88 9.6 30 cent PV. I expect this to go down. 

Hulk 193 9.6. This one is up to CGC  

Nova 1 9.6

Thanos Rising 1 9.8. I expect this to stay a 9.8.

Marvel Spotlight 32 9.2. I expect this to stay the same. 

Star Wars 1 9.0  I will leave this up to CGC  

ASM 313 9.8  I expect this to stay 9.8.

World Unknown 1 9.6. Expect to stay the same. 

Edited by joeypost

2 hours ago, joeypost said:

Sent in 9 books. 8 moderns and 1 value tier. 

Will post updates. 

Iron Man 88 9.0 30 cent PV  I expect this to go up  

Iron Man 88 9.6 30 cent PV. I expect this to go down. 

Hulk 193 9.6. This one is up to CGC  

Nova 1 9.6

Thanos Rising 1 9.8. I expect this to stay a 9.8.

Marvel Spotlight 32 9.2. I expect this to stay the same. 

Star Wars 1 9.0  I will leave this up to CGC  

ASM 313 9.8  I expect this to stay 9.8.

Is the one you expect to go down a cbcs graded?

Edited by MGsimba77