• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"CGC crossover special!!" Get 50%off for cgc to grade other companies slabs
7 7

223 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, joeypost said:

Sent in 9 books. 8 moderns and 1 value tier. 

Will post updates. 

Iron Man 88 9.0 30 cent PV  I expect this to go up  

Iron Man 88 9.6 30 cent PV. I expect this to go down. 

Hulk 193 9.6. This one is up to CGC  

Nova 1 9.6

Thanos Rising 1 9.8. I expect this to stay a 9.8.

Marvel Spotlight 32 9.2. I expect this to stay the same. 

Star Wars 1 9.0  I will leave this up to CGC  

ASM 313 9.8  I expect this to stay 9.8.

World Unknown 1 9.6. Expect to stay the same. 

All CBCS or were some PGX, Joey?

6 hours ago, joeypost said:

Sent in 9 books. 8 moderns and 1 value tier. 

Will post updates. 

Iron Man 88 9.0 30 cent PV  I expect this to go up  

Iron Man 88 9.6 30 cent PV. I expect this to go down. 

Hulk 193 9.6. This one is up to CGC  

Nova 1 9.6

Thanos Rising 1 9.8. I expect this to stay a 9.8.

Marvel Spotlight 32 9.2. I expect this to stay the same. 

Star Wars 1 9.0  I will leave this up to CGC  

ASM 313 9.8  I expect this to stay 9.8.

World Unknown 1 9.6. Expect to stay the same. 

Sorry Joey.  I see the other post after this where you say they are all CBCS.

11 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

He said all CBCS-

Thanks I missed his other post.  

I just sent in 25 GA books - mostly CBCS but a few PGX (No telling what they will find, i.e., restoration or not find, like missing pages on the PGX:sick:)

2 minutes ago, telerites said:

I just sent in 25 GA books - mostly CBCS but a few PGX (No telling what they will find, i.e., restoration or not find, like missing pages on the PGX:sick:)

I have a few more in- one Pgx they already told me is probably dropping a grade ....

Thanks for posting - interesting that a couple of them went up in grade! I'm actually quite relieved to see that - makes me believe their grading process is legitimate (and blind to book's previous grade, or even that it's a cross-over book at all). I was worried that the graders may know (one way or another) that a book is a cross-over book, and so would grade more harshly (to try and avoid having books go up in grade).

I have a few Voldy books that I got at good prices that I've been thinking of submitting, but haven't as of yet. This may push me to do so.  

1 minute ago, CKinTO said:

Thanks for posting - interesting that a couple of them went up in grade! I'm actually quite relieved to see that - makes me believe their grading process is legitimate (and blind to book's previous grade, or even that it's a cross-over book at all). I was worried that the graders may know (one way or another) that a book is a cross-over book, and so would grade more harshly (to try and avoid having books go up in grade).

I have a few Voldy books that I got at good prices that I've been thinking of submitting, but haven't as of yet. This may push me to do so.  

CBCS has been pretty consistent with only risers for me or same. From low grade (I just got an X-men 1 1.8 back as the same CGC) to high grade 8.5 to 9.0- PGX has been more mixed I got one that went up 9.4 to 9.6 one that went down slightly 8.5 to 8.0 and A big drop on a 5.0 to a 3.5

Not necessarily the results cited here, but overall there may be Self selection bias. Fewer books will be sent in where they are obvious overgrades (or sketchy for resto), which may skew this toward many books coming back the same grade. Otoh, heritage deems one of these companies good enough for their auctions, so maybe there isn't a genuine difference. Indeed, that one does not even seem to charge less after factoring in discounts?

Edited by the blob

18 hours ago, CKinTO said:

So far by my count at least it's been 29 cbcs crossovers posted by members with 23 of them coming back same grade or higher. Page quality pretty consistent. The ones getting knocked down seem to be the mid to lower grades.

Edited by MGsimba77

18 hours ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

CBCS has been pretty consistent with only risers for me or same. From low grade (I just got an X-men 1 1.8 back as the same CGC) to high grade 8.5 to 9.0- PGX has been more mixed I got one that went up 9.4 to 9.6 one that went down slightly 8.5 to 8.0 and A big drop on a 5.0 to a 3.5

Have you already posted all your cbcs crossovers? 

21 minutes ago, the blob said:

Self selection bias. Fewer books will be sent in where they are obvious overgrades (or sketchy for resto), which may skew this toward many books coming back the same grade. Otoh, heritage deems one of these companies good enough for their auctions, so maybe there isn't a genuine difference. Indeed, that one does not even seem to charge less after factoring in discounts?

In my case I sent in the rest of my CBCS slabs that are not signature series. 

On 1/18/2019 at 6:18 PM, telerites said:

Do you have the details on the books? Would be interested to see where they go as I have one GA I’m on the fence about. 

5 hours ago, manetteska said:

Do you have the details on the books? Would be interested to see where they go as I have one GA I’m on the fence about. 

I just sent them in a few days ago so it will be a while before I get the results.