• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"CGC crossover special!!" Get 50%off for cgc to grade other companies slabs
7 7

223 posts in this topic

I'm thinking of sending in a book before the deadline ends for the CGC free screening. I have a Fantastic Four 72 CBCS 9.0 with white pages and it is a Pennsylvania Dutch pedigree. As I see that there are also CGC graded books with the Pennsylvania Dutch pedigree, I'm assuming my book's pedigree would carry over to the CGC label?

Edited by Cushing Fan

3 minutes ago, Cushing Fan said:

I'm thinking of sending in a book before the deadline ends for the CGC free screening. I have a Fantastic Four 72 CBCS 9.0 with white pages and it is a Pennsylvania Dutch pedigree. As I see that there are also CGC graded books with the Pennsylvania Dutch pedigree, I'm assuming my book's pedigree would carry over to the CGC label?

I don't have any info about the pedigree, but

The deadline for the crossover special is Jan 31st...... :wishluck: hope that you get it in, in time....

6 minutes ago, Cushing Fan said:

Seems unlikely since that pedigree doesn't seem to be recognized by CGC (unless Google has failed me).

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I don't have any info about the pedigree, but

The deadline for the crossover special is Jan 31st...... :wishluck: hope that you get it in, in time....

I just got an email from CGC that my book will be eligible for the crossover promotion as long as it is postmarked by Jan 31 so I may drop off my book at the Post Office tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Seems unlikely since that pedigree doesn't seem to be recognized by CGC (unless Google has failed me).

I'm having an issue right now trying to cut and paste an image but if you go on Comic Connection and look up Pennsylvania Dutch Pedigree comics you will see a couple of CGC graded ones with the Pedigree and same sticker my book has.

Edited by Cushing Fan

24 minutes ago, Cushing Fan said:
32 minutes ago, valiantman said:

I'm having an issue right now trying to cut and paste an image but if you go on Comic Connection and look up Pennsylvania Dutch Pedigree comics you will see a couple of CGC graded ones with the Pedigree and same sticker my book has.

As long as you're not the first one they've done, you've got a better shot at keeping the recognition.

On 10/3/2018 at 4:51 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

CGC is introducing a CrossOver service that, for a limited time, provides a 50% discount on CGC’s grading fees for comics that were previously graded and encapsulated by another grading company.

Here's how it works:

• Comics submitted for CrossOver must be intact in another grading company’s holder.
  • These comics will be removed by CGC from that company’s holder and graded according to CGC’s grading standards.
  • They will then be encapsulated in CGC’s state-of-the-art holder, which combines superior optics and the most advanced archival materials, making it ideal for visual display and preservation.

Can they go through the CCS dept.?

Edited by Junkdrawer

3 minutes ago, Junkdrawer said:

Can they go through the CCS dept.?

It needs to go to CGC first (thumbsu

They'll assess whether it'll retain grade through competitors slab and suggest if it would benefit from press. 

But it has to go to CGC in the competitors slab to qualify for this promotion...

7 hours ago, Cushing Fan said:

You may want to contact CGC but I think the Pennsylvania Dutch collection is not a verified pedigree by CGC. 

7 hours ago, Poka said:

Pennsylvania is in the list

https://www.cgccomics.com/resources/pedigree/

Pennsylvania  and Pa Dutch books are two different things one is a older pedigree the other is a named collection brought to market by Metropolis. I don't believe CGC will put anything on the label to recognize the book is a PA. dutch copy like CBCS did. 

Capture.JPG

8 minutes ago, JWKyle said:

Pennsylvania  and Pa Dutch books are two different things one is a older pedigree the other is a named collection brought to market by Metropolis. I don't believe CGC will put anything on the label to recognize the book is a PA. dutch copy like CBCS did. 

Capture.JPG

Thanks for the additional information. What's weird is that on Comic Connect they have CGC graded books with the Pennsylvania pedigree noted and the Pennsylvania Dutch sticker that my book has. I'm going to send my FF72 anyway as I would like all CGC books in my collection. 

7 hours ago, Cushing Fan said:

Thanks for the additional information. What's weird is that on Comic Connect they have CGC graded books with the Pennsylvania pedigree noted and the Pennsylvania Dutch sticker that my book has. I'm going to send my FF72 anyway as I would like all CGC books in my collection. 

I have a cbcs Penn Dutch book I'm crossing over as well. I checked the pedigree list on the submission form & it wasn't there. If it didn't notate Pennsylvania Dutch on the CGC labels on comic connect then it doesn't matter what sticker they had. It's the label that matters

10 hours ago, Bighaley21 said:

The crossover service isn't working for me on my online submission form. Is the 50% off promotion over?

I would call cgc, as: 1) I don't think that it is "over" until tomorrow 2) also, it will be ongoing, only the savings and discounts will discontinue on the 31st of January...but the crossover service will still be available minus the discount perks after tomorrow...

So not over, but the discounts won't be included unless postmarked by mail by Jan 31st and I'd call CGC and report back if you can :) :foryou: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

10 hours ago, Bighaley21 said:

The crossover service isn't working for me on my online submission form. Is the 50% off promotion over?

I just did the online submission for my CBCS FF72 and was able to select the crossover service for the 50% promotion.

I just got the last batch of my crossover results back

Amazing Spider-man 1 was a c-bcs 2.0 came back cgc 2.0

X-Men 1 was a C-Bcs 1.8 came back a CGC 1.8

Amazing Adventures 11 P-GX 7.5 came back CGC 7.5

Black Lightning 1 C-BCS 9.0 came back CGC 9.2

Overall very happy with all results and very glad they did this.