• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"CGC crossover special!!" Get 50%off for cgc to grade other companies slabs
7 7

223 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

If you just won and don't have the package in hand, I'm not sure you're going to be able to beat tomorrow's deadline.

and it's a good thing too unless you were just joking because sending cgc a cbcs 9.9 or 10 for crossover service will end up the same as if you sent them a cgc 9.9 or 10 for regrading: you'd probably just end up with a cgc 9.8. but if the cgc label means more than the grade go for it.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT I'M FIXIN TO TYPE THIS!!

I regret selling my PGX 4.0 of IH 4.0...for $300 store credit to a place that I bought Christmas gifts...

It had missing wrap, no mvs, so incomplete. And restoration! Such big restoration that even PGX caught it :baiting:

I saw it later at the store on the shelves priced at $600 (not a LCS)

18 hours ago, toro said:

Sent in three submissions of PGX books, all on the value tier so I won't be seeing those any time soon.  I only wish this wasn't coming to an end.  There are another 50 or so PGX books I'd probably would send in.

I've got a stack of pgx and cbcs books I'd like to send in as well but I think I'll wait and see if they have another promotion down the road.

5 hours ago, Bighaley21 said:

I've got a stack of pgx and cbcs books I'd like to send in as well but I think I'll wait and see if they have another promotion down the road.

I've been sending in PGX books over the years and have done fairly well, but I've never sent so many in at one time.  This will be interesting.

Got an email saying the pre-screen suggests that the book might benefit from a press.  So I:

A) was suggested to press a book that has no hope of a bump just to squeeze more money out of me.

B) was suggested to press a book because it might legitimately benefit from it and to spend more money.

Either way, I spent more money.  :roflmao:  Fingers crossed my blind faith is rewarded and my book doesn't wind up dropping in grade.  What an irony that would be.

4 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Got an email saying the pre-screen suggests that the book might benefit from a press.  So I:

A) was suggested to press a book that has no hope of a bump just to squeeze more money out of me.

B) was suggested to press a book because it might legitimately benefit from it and to spend more money.

Either way, I spent more money.  :roflmao:  Fingers crossed my blind faith is rewarded and my book doesn't wind up dropping in grade.  What an irony that would be.

They emailed me saying they thought my book would drop to a 3.0-3-5, asking me if I’d like to proceed.  The book was sent in as a CBCS 4.0.  Well, ended up coming back a 4.0.  So who knows.

On 1/7/2019 at 3:18 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

HURRY!  SPECIAL CROSSOVER INCENTIVES END JANUARY 31!

If you were thinking of submitting your graded comics to CGC, now’s the time! The Crossover tier will remain an ongoing CGC service, however, the introductory incentives launched in October 2018 will be ending February 1, 2019.

Books postmarked no later than January 31, 2019 will still be eligible to receive the following: 

• Free screening for CrossOver submissions at Standard, Express and WalkThru tiers.  This means that CGC will screen CrossOver submissions in their existing holder, and if the Grader feels that the book’s grade may decrease, CGC will contact you with the option to not proceed.
  • A flat grading fee of $10 for any books that go down in grade, regardless of tier and value.
  • CrossOver discounts of up to 40-50% off regular grading fees for books that earn the same or higher grade.

Beginning February 1, 2019, CGC will no longer provide free screenings.  Any comics submitted for CrossOver will automatically be re-graded.  There will also be one grading rate regardless of what grade the book receives.  Still, these post-promotion rates will be 40-50% LESS than our standard grading fees, allowing for a CGC-graded book at a fraction of the cost of a raw submission.  The rates as of February 1 will be as follows:

• Modern: $12
  • Value: $16.20
  • Economy: $22.80
  • Standard: $32.50
  • Express: $50
  • WalkThru: 1.5% of the Declared Value, $75 minimum 

CGC’s CrossOver service encompasses all CGC grading tiers on CGC's online submission form.  To submit for CGC CrossOver, books must be intact in another grading company’s holder. Comics will be removed by CGC from that company’s holder and graded according to CGC’s grading standards. Books will then be encapsulated in CGC’s state-of-the-art holder, which combines superior optics and the most advanced archival materials, making it ideal for visual display and preservation.

Please note: There is no guarantee that the grade assigned by CGC will be the same as the grade assigned by the other grading service. Signed collectibles submitted under the CrossOver service will not receive a CGC Signature Series label. The CGC online form allows free members to submit at shows, and paid members to submit at shows or through the mail. If you have additional questions regarding CGC’s CrossOver Service, please contact CGC Customer Service at 1-877-662-6642.

@Yorick @BriD. here is the info I know for sure via email

It answers all your questions. :foryou:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

4 hours ago, DocHoppus182 said:

They emailed me saying they thought my book would drop to a 3.0-3-5, asking me if I’d like to proceed.  The book was sent in as a CBCS 4.0.  Well, ended up coming back a 4.0.  So who knows.

They didn't recommend pressing? Just warned you about a down grade?

11 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

No recomendation of pressing.  The book has a little restoration.  Maybe that had something do to with it?  In any case, when I get the book back, I’ll post pics of both labels. I have a feeling that it will spark a pretty interesting conversation.

Edited by DocHoppus182
Spelling

15 hours ago, DocHoppus182 said:

I think they did that to be more conservative when sending those emails.. because I had the same thing.. Amazing Adventures 11 went as a P-gx 7.5 they emailed me saying it would probably be a 6 or 6.5 I said to move forward and it wound up a 7.5 anyway. Better safe then sorry I guess.

Just now, Unstoppablejayd said:

I think they did that to be more conservative when sending those emails.. because I had the same thing.. Amazing Adventures 11 went as a P-gx 7.5 they emailed me saying it would probably be a 6 or 6.5 I said to move forward and it wound up a 7.5 anyway. Better safe then sorry I guess.

That’s awesome.  Yeah, I was definitely happily surprised that it didn’t drop.

12 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

I've got 5 books going through this and they didn't recommend pressing for any of them.

And like others have said, the initial email about potential re-grades was very conservative.

Good Luck All !

-bc

I sent in 5 CBCS books on the value tier, so no prescreening.  They shipped yesterday.  The results were similar to previous submissions.  Most stayed about the same or dropped very slightly.  Same for page quality.

Dogface Dooley #5 5.0 W to 4.5 OW/W

Exciting Comics #40 4.0 W to 3.5 OW/W

Exciting Comics #48 5.0 W to 5.0 OW/W

Strange Worlds #18 4.5 OW/W to 4.5 OW/W

Strange Worlds #19 5.0 OW/W to 5.0 OW

Just as an FYI, I submitted two CBCS books that I had already cracked before the deal was offered.  So they weren’t eligible for the reduced rate grading fees, but were submitted as raw books.

Heroic Comics #6 7.0 OW to 7.0 CR/OW

Heroic Comics #11 7.0 OW/W to 7.5 OW/W (the only book I’ve had go up in grade)

4 minutes ago, walclark said:

I sent in 5 CBCS books on the value tier, so no prescreening.  They shipped yesterday.  The results were similar to previous submissions.  Most stayed about the same or dropped very slightly.  Same for page quality.

Dogface Dooley #5 5.0 W to 4.5 OW/W

Exciting Comics #40 4.0 W to 3.5 OW/W

Exciting Comics #48 5.0 W to 5.0 OW/W

Strange Worlds #18 4.5 OW/W to 4.5 OW/W

Strange Worlds #19 5.0 OW/W to 5.0 OW

Just as an FYI, I submitted two CBCS books that I had already cracked before the deal was offered.  So they weren’t eligible for the reduced rate grading fees, but were submitted as raw books.

Heroic Comics #6 7.0 OW to 7.0 CR/OW

Heroic Comics #11 7.0 OW/W to 7.5 OW/W (the only book I’ve had go up in grade)

Dang, PQ hits on almost every one...

On 2/1/2019 at 7:02 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 1/7/2019 at 3:18 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

HURRY!  SPECIAL CROSSOVER INCENTIVES END JANUARY 31!

If you were thinking of submitting your graded comics to CGC, now’s the time! The Crossover tier will remain an ongoing CGC service, however, the introductory incentives launched in October 2018 will be ending February 1, 2019.

Books postmarked no later than January 31, 2019 will still be eligible to receive the following: 

• Free screening for CrossOver submissions at Standard, Express and WalkThru tiers.  This means that CGC will screen CrossOver submissions in their existing holder, and if the Grader feels that the book’s grade may decrease, CGC will contact you with the option to not proceed.
  • A flat grading fee of $10 for any books that go down in grade, regardless of tier and value.
  • CrossOver discounts of up to 40-50% off regular grading fees for books that earn the same or higher grade.

Beginning February 1, 2019, CGC will no longer provide free screenings.  Any comics submitted for CrossOver will automatically be re-graded.  There will also be one grading rate regardless of what grade the book receives.  Still, these post-promotion rates will be 40-50% LESS than our standard grading fees, allowing for a CGC-graded book at a fraction of the cost of a raw submission.  The rates as of February 1 will be as follows:

• Modern: $12
  • Value: $16.20
  • Economy: $22.80
  • Standard: $32.50
  • Express: $50
  • WalkThru: 1.5% of the Declared Value, $75 minimum 

CGC’s CrossOver service encompasses all CGC grading tiers on CGC's online submission form.  To submit for CGC CrossOver, books must be intact in another grading company’s holder. Comics will be removed by CGC from that company’s holder and graded according to CGC’s grading standards. Books will then be encapsulated in CGC’s state-of-the-art holder, which combines superior optics and the most advanced archival materials, making it ideal for visual display and preservation.

Please note: There is no guarantee that the grade assigned by CGC will be the same as the grade assigned by the other grading service. Signed collectibles submitted under the CrossOver service will not receive a CGC Signature Series label. The CGC online form allows free members to submit at shows, and paid members to submit at shows or through the mail. If you have additional questions regarding CGC’s CrossOver Service, please contact CGC Customer Service at 1-877-662-6642.

@Yorick  here is the info I know for sure via email @JollyComics

It answers all your questions. :foryou:

Hope this helps :foryou: jolly :shy:

I got my Economies in:banana:.  I have a group Spawn books that I dropped off at Yorba Linda with most of them being the Marvel Homage covers. They were all CBCS 9.8 so I didn't take the time to get pictures before I submitted them I will post them up when I get them back. 
This lot of books I was extremely happy with. These where books I didn't want to sale and  replace and that I didn't want in CBCS holders any longer (Guess I could have cracked them out and left them as rawsmeh) There was no drastic swings either way.

weird 29.jpg

Adventures into Weird Worlds 29A.jpg

combat 87.jpg

GI Combat 87A.jpg

Tec 404.jpg

Detective Comics 404A.jpg

MT 118.jpg

Marvel Tales 118A.jpg

MT 124.jpg

Marvel Tales 124A.jpg

mystic 14.jpg

Mystic 14A.jpg