• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"CGC crossover special!!" Get 50%off for cgc to grade other companies slabs
7 7

223 posts in this topic

It would be great and possibly a good business move if CGC continued this offer even if at different terms but still a deal to incentivize submitters.  I have more I would have sent in but couldn't afford all at once plus I occasionally pick alien slabs as I collect GA and sometimes books I want are scarcer so I go after what's out there.  

2c 

1 hour ago, telerites said:

It would be great and possibly a good business move if CGC continued this offer even if at different terms but still a deal to incentivize submitters.  I have more I would have sent in but couldn't afford all at once plus I occasionally pick alien slabs as I collect GA and sometimes books I want are scarcer so I go after what's out there.  

2c 

Agreed. I spoke with a representative this week and they said they have not received any pricing information for moving forward.

59 minutes ago, ygogolak said:
2 hours ago, telerites said:

2c 

Agreed. I spoke with a representative this week and they said they have not received any pricing information for moving forward.

Are you sure Ygogolak? this is the statement of the ongoing incentives, which is still cheaper than a straight resub.... did I miss something? :shy: READ THE BOLD PART :foryou: this was an official email sent by CGC, it should answer all your questions telerites..... it should still be on the submission form at 40% off but read the bolded part :shy: 

On 1/7/2019 at 3:18 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

HURRY!  SPECIAL CROSSOVER INCENTIVES END JANUARY 31!

If you were thinking of submitting your graded comics to CGC, now’s the time! The Crossover tier will remain an ongoing CGC service, however, theintroductory incentives launched in October 2018 will be ending February 1, 2019.

Books postmarked no later than January 31, 2019 will still be eligible to receive the following: 

• Free screening for CrossOver submissions at Standard, Express and WalkThru tiers.  This means that CGC will screen CrossOver submissions in their existing holder, and if the Grader feels that the book’s grade may decrease, CGC will contact you with the option to not proceed.
  • A flat grading fee of $10 for any books that go down in grade, regardless of tier and value.
  • CrossOver discounts of up to 40-50% off regular grading fees for books that earn the same or higher grade.

Beginning February 1, 2019, CGC will no longer provide free screenings.  Any comics submitted for CrossOver will automatically be re-graded.  There will also be one grading rate regardless of what grade the book receives.  Still, these post-promotion rates will be 40-50% LESS than our standard grading fees, allowing for a CGC-graded book at a fraction of the cost of a raw submission.  The rates as of February 1 will be as follows:

• Modern: $12
  • Value: $16.20
  • Economy: $22.80
  • Standard: $32.50
  • Express: $50
  • WalkThru: 1.5% of the Declared Value, $75 minimum 

CGC’s CrossOver service encompasses all CGC grading tiers on CGC's online submission form.  To submit for CGC CrossOver, books must be intact in another grading company’s holder. Comics will be removed by CGC from that company’s holder and graded according to CGC’s grading standards. Books will then be encapsulated in CGC’s state-of-the-art holder, which combines superior optics and the most advanced archival materials, making it ideal for visual display and preservation.

Please note: There is no guarantee that the grade assigned by CGC will be the same as the grade assigned by the other grading service. Signed collectibles submitted under the CrossOver service will not receive a CGC Signature Series label. The CGC online form allows free members to submit at shows, and paid members to submit at shows or through the mail. If you have additional questions regarding CGC’s CrossOver Service, please contact CGC Customer Service at 1-877-662-6642.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Are you sure Ygogolak? this is the statement of the ongoing incentives, which is still cheaper than a straight resub.... did I miss something? :shy: READ THE BOLD PART :foryou: 

Interesting, yes. That's what he told me. The special was over and he hadn't seen any new pricing.

4 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Interesting, yes. That's what he told me. The special was over and he hadn't seen any new pricing.

lol and pardon my frustration, what I wrote was in an email sent by CGC that has somehow got lost in my thread lol I've repeated it throughout, tagged people in the original post that was only on the last page of this thread (page 8)

and someone calls CGC and CGC gives them some misinformation? :pullhair: it isn't your fault, but this is getting to me :sorry: after all the effort in the sentence above, you'd think CGC had my back :roflmao: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

@ygogolak have you checked to see if it is on the submission form's still? I only have a free account and my "forms" are only for con drop off.... it says in the bolded part of the email I have quoted from a while ago that it was supposed to remain an option on the form.... just curious as I have no access....that I know of, i'll double check though :foryou: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

And not everyone's is a fan of signature series, but for those who do... it is a shame that these "crossover's" are not available for SS, as they have to arrive at CGC intact...

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

@ygogolak have you checked to see if it is on the submission form's still? I only have a free account and my "forms" are only for con drop off.... it says in the bolded part of the email I have quoted from a while ago that it was supposed to remain an option on the form.... just curious as I have know access....that I know of, i'll double check though :foryou: 

Crossover is still on there. Maybe I asked about the pre-screen crossover?

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

And not everyone's is a fan of signature series, but for those who do... it is a shame that these "crossover's" are not available for SS, as they have to arrive at CGC intact...

lol what a mess, it is still on the submission form, but has unupdated info, saying still 50% off rather than the now quoted 40% off.....

I'm tempted to just stop and let CGC make some sort of effort in advertising :shy: 

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Right, that would break the chain of custody that they (try to) stick to.

3 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Crossover is still on there. Maybe I asked about the pre-screen crossover?

Ya it's a (shrug) cause when you click "learn more" it has you agree still to a "prescreen" etc. , which we all know ended Jan 31st.

It is kind of funny, because in the same email that says it ends Jan 31st, it is the same email that goes on to say about the continued service at 40% off, which I had bolded lol it's the same email :shy: 

idk lol 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 2/1/2019 at 11:37 AM, ExNihilo said:

Got an email saying the pre-screen suggests that the book might benefit from a press.  So I:

A) was suggested to press a book that has no hope of a bump just to squeeze more money out of me.

B) was suggested to press a book because it might legitimately benefit from it and to spend more money.

Either way, I spent more money.  :roflmao:  Fingers crossed my blind faith is rewarded and my book doesn't wind up dropping in grade.  What an irony that would be.

Got my book back.  Invincible Iron Man #55 was subbed as a CBCS 7.5.  CGC recommended a press and the book came back a CGC 8.0.

Is CGC still offering a cross grading service? It's a bit unclear from reading people's posts, but it seems that the answer is yes? At 40% off, instead of 50%?

Edited by Darkowl

2 minutes ago, Darkowl said:

Is CGC still offering a cross grading service? It's a bit unclear from reading people's posts, but it seems that the answer is yes?

The CGC Crossover regrade is still an option though I believe the $10 promotion if your book drops a grade is no longer in effect.