• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Four Slabs Needing New Homes! ALL SOLD!

13 posts in this topic

What's for sale: Four slabs, unsold after my last sale.  They are all undercopies/duplicates, so I'd like to move them.  I'm doing a local show in two weeks, but I'd just as soon sell them now.

Prices for all of these are VERY competitive.  Normally, I'd say make me an offer if the price isn't at your liking, but all of these are going to be priced to sell, so these will likely be at a firm price.

About me: I have had a very large number of transactions that have gone very smoothly with many long-standing members here, including many, many sales threads -- you can see my kudos HERE.  I've done deals with so many people here, I've almost lost count!  If anyone has questions, don't hesitate to send a PM and I'll do my best to answer them for you. 

I'll be happy to answer any PM's, but the in the thread is king if we haven't come to a definitive agreement.  If for some reason someone takes it in a PM while someone is taking it in the thread, the time stamp will determine who gets the book.  Books must be specifically claimed in the thread or via PM.  

No HOS or Probation List members, please. I reserve the right to not sell to anyone I may have on ignore (not that it's many, but if I do, it was for a reason. ).

Shipping: Shipping will be by U.S.P.S., packed securely in boxes, via Priority Mail and at cost.  Sorry, no Media Mail.  Sorry, only U.S and Canadian orders at this time.  

Payment: PayPal only preferred on this thread, no personal. If wanting to pay by check or money order, I'll do so if I've done business with you before, but please contact me by PM first.  Payment is expected within 5 days of an invoice unless you check with me before buying. 

Returns: Returns are accepted for any reason so long as you let me know within 5 days of receiving your order.  Buyer pays return shipping, unless I've made a mistake, in which case I promise I'll make it right.   In the end, the main thing is that I want anyone purchasing here to be happy when they're done and feel they can buy with confidence.   

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Books sold!

The Defenders #1 -- CGC 8.5 (OW-W Pages) -- $90 -- SOLD to Drbearsec

I normally avoid quoting GPA, but for the record, a copy in this grade hasn't sold for this low of a price since 2014, and only one sale in this grade in since 2015 has been for under $100, so I think this is a great price.  GPA shows 9.0 copies at $150 minimums, and the 12 recorded sales of 8.0 copies this year, with the exception of two (one of which tallied $1 less at $89) are all above this price as well.  

Spoiler

QuPlZlnh.jpg

Spoiler

uJKYwVih.jpg

Spoiler

LsL4ffxh.jpg

Spoiler

ZQyrKTCh.jpg

Spoiler

CB6cMS3h.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Book sold!

The Invaders #1 -- CGC 8.5 (OW pages) -- $38 -- SOLD to surfcitycomics

Apologies for the somewhat blurry pics on this one.  GPA is erratic around the 8.5/9.0 price point, but this is priced to move, IMO.

Spoiler

20180829_004258.jpg

Spoiler

20180829_004220.jpg

Spoiler

20180829_004136.jpg

Spoiler

20180829_004418.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Book sold!

3 minutes ago, ChiSoxFan said:

The Defenders #1 -- CGC 8.5 (OW-W Pages) -- $90

I normally avoid quoting GPA, but for the record, a copy in this grade hasn't sold for this low of a price since 2014, and only one sale in this grade in since 2015 has been for under $100, so I think this is a great price.  GPA shows 9.0 copies at $150 minimums, and the 12 recorded sales of 8.0 copies this year, with the exception of two (one of which tallied $1 less at $89) are all above this price as well.  

QuPlZlnh.jpg

uJKYwVih.jpg

LsL4ffxh.jpg

ZQyrKTCh.jpg

CB6cMS3h.jpg

:takeit:

Wonder Woman #197 -- CGC 9.4 -- White Pages -- $115 -- SOLD to surfcitycomics

White pages on this sharp copy.  There's not a lot of sales recorded on this issue in this grade, but you have to go back to 2006 to find a copy in this grade with a recorded GPA price lower than this.

Spoiler

L5CweCCh.jpg

Spoiler

bV85r9Wh.jpg

Spoiler

cSb1rHdh.jpg

Spoiler

QX5aa5qh.jpg

Spoiler

Rk1pfw5h.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Book sold!

8 minutes ago, ChiSoxFan said:

The Defenders #1 -- CGC 8.5 (OW-W Pages) -- $90 

Reveal hidden contents

QuPlZlnh.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

uJKYwVih.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

LsL4ffxh.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

ZQyrKTCh.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

CB6cMS3h.jpg

4 minutes ago, Drbearsec said:

Thank you! ^^(worship)

Last one of the four:

Amazing Spider-Man #47 -- CGC 7.0 (OW pages) -- $60 -- SOLD to Ovrclck

Another book whose recorded GPA prices seem to fluctuate a good bit around the 6.5-7.5 range.  This is priced below the two GPA recorded 6.0 sales this year, in the ballpark of the lowest GPA recorded 6.5 sales of the last two years, well below the last GPA recorded  7.0 sales in the past three years (with one sale as the exception), and below the last GPA recorded 7.5 sale as well, so I think it's priced to sell as well. Very affordable to an ASM collector looking to stay in budget.

Spoiler

vrgFEUTh.jpg

Spoiler

M6c8I1Qh.jpg

Spoiler

tfgAqXSh.jpg

Spoiler

BOVNVCTh.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Clarified sales data and removed incorrect photo of ASM #43 label posted by mistake

1 minute ago, ChiSoxFan said:

Last one of the four:

Amazing Spider-Man #47 -- CGC 7.0 (OW pages) -- $60

Another book whose recorded GPA prices seem to fluctuate a good bit around the 6.5-7.5 range.  This is priced below any GPA recorded 6.0 sale this year, in the ballpark of the lowest GPA recorded 6.5 sales of the last two years, well below the last GPA recorded  7.0 sales in the past three years (with one sale as the exception), and below the last GPA recorded 7.5 sale as well, so I think it's priced to sell as well. Very affordable to an ASM collector looking to stay in budget.

vrgFEUTh.jpg

UTmi18Qh.jpg

M6c8I1Qh.jpg

tfgAqXSh.jpg

BOVNVCTh.jpg

7 minutes ago, ChiSoxFan said:

Last one of the four:

Amazing Spider-Man #47 -- CGC 7.0 (OW pages) -- $60 

Another book whose recorded GPA prices seem to fluctuate a good bit around the 6.5-7.5 range.  This is priced below the two GPA recorded 6.0 sales this year, in the ballpark of the lowest GPA recorded 6.5 sales of the last two years, well below the last GPA recorded  7.0 sales in the past three years (with one sale as the exception), and below the last GPA recorded 7.5 sale as well, so I think it's priced to sell as well. Very affordable to an ASM collector looking to stay in budget.

Reveal hidden contents

vrgFEUTh.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

M6c8I1Qh.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

tfgAqXSh.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

BOVNVCTh.jpg

6 minutes ago, Ovrclck said:

All yours, and thanks! ^^

44 minutes ago, ChiSoxFan said:

Wonder Woman #197 -- CGC 9.4 -- White Pages -- $115

White pages on this sharp copy.  There's not a lot of sales recorded on this issue in this grade, but you have to go back to 2006 to find a copy in this grade with a recorded GPA price lower than this.

L5CweCCh.jpg

bV85r9Wh.jpg

cSb1rHdh.jpg

QX5aa5qh.jpg

Rk1pfw5h.jpg