• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not sure if I paid the right amount for a recent submission cost me 100+

5 posts in this topic

Am I doing something wrong. I always heard guys say it was 30.00 to get there’s done. What did I do wrong? I put in I thought it was worth 200. Then I saw something that they provide the insurance. Is that what the 100 went to? I wouldn’t insure that box if I was if I wanted to pay for it. 

2 hours ago, devdog1000 said:

Am I doing something wrong. I always heard guys say it was 30.00 to get there’s done. What did I do wrong? I put in I thought it was worth 200. Then I saw something that they provide the insurance. Is that what the 100 went to? I wouldn’t insure that box if I was if I wanted to pay for it. 

You would have to give us more details, especially what tier you submitted in. Insurance is mandatory. This really is something you should discuss with CGC directly.

It depends on the book, but the minimum cost is gonna be something like $60.

$20 for modern submission, $5 form fee.  $32 Registered mail.

Of course, if you FastTrack, that's another $10.  And then cost is higher if you submitted anything other than Modern.  You should have been handed a green form breaking down your submission.

44 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

As an additional comment, it is never worth it to submit one Modern book. You need some quantity to average out the cost of shipping.

Sadly, I've made this error in judgement way too many times.  I hate when signature series books have to be separated because of the length between signing dates.