• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NYCC 2019 -- It's still Never too Early, October 3-6
3 3

100 posts in this topic

SyFy channel and Hot Flips are both saying October 3 - 6, 2019 so I guess those are the dates.

A departure from the days before Columbus Day strategy.

Cheers !

N.

Edited by NelsonAI
Typos

2 hours in the que and only was able to get Sunday tickets. Saturday tickets sold out and are on ebay 250.00. What's the point of making this so complicated when people resell for high prices anyway? This is ridiculous. 

I got on in 35 minutes, and got a 4 day pass, and 3 Sunday passes for the family.  People should also remember there is a second general sales date on June 12th. I did also find a small exploit, which I expect other people utilized, in the e-mail verification system.

Edited by drotto

Can someone explain this to me please.  If I go through the hoops and fail to secure tickets can I buy them on the secondary market and pass an at the door screening?  In other words, are tickets linked somehow to the original purchaser for their use only?

12 hours ago, pemart1966 said:

Can someone explain this to me please.  If I go through the hoops and fail to secure tickets can I buy them on the secondary market and pass an at the door screening?  In other words, are tickets linked somehow to the original purchaser for their use only?

I wouldn't. But supposedly they could just email you the invite but it would still be their purchase. So yes it can work but it is risky in my opinion. 

Also you will overpay and support scalpers who aren't even supposed to be doing this. Just get verified on may 8th and login on June 12th right when it opens.

7 hours ago, jason4 said:

I wouldn't. But supposedly they could just email you the invite but it would still be their purchase. So yes it can work but it is risky in my opinion. 

Also you will overpay and support scalpers who aren't even supposed to be doing this. Just get verified on may 8th and login on June 12th right when it opens.

Thanks.  Yeah - that's what I intend to do.

I do notice that the NYCC has something called "Lyte Badge Exchange".  Has anyone used this before? 

Edited by pemart1966

It's brand new this year. It lets people who buy tickets and then can't go return them for a refund or sell them to Lyte or something like that, and then people who want to go can sign up for a waiting list and when one they want gets returned, they'll be offered it.

:idea:

If you are from the NYC area and want to get in during the late afternoon or early evening, I suggest you wait by the exit and ask people if they are done with their badges for the day.  That's what ticket scalpers do. Most people will give the badge away or charge $5.

hm

Cheers!

N.