• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NYCC 2019 -- It's still Never too Early, October 3-6
3 3

100 posts in this topic

I believe the 4 Day Badges were sold out on May 5 for those that were pre-registered.

The second sale date is June 12, (tomorrow).  I believe an additional allotment of individual tickets for Saturday and Sunday were set aside for this date.  As such, if you were shut out on May 5, you might still be able to get weekend tickets when the system opens up on Wednesday.

Good luck to everyone.

Edited by NelsonAI
Typos

Fyi

Once you receive the badge, you need to activate it.

The sticker has a link that essentially takes you to the showclix website where you should already be registered.

On the reverse side of your badge are 2 serial numbers.

The activation code is the second number ONLY (alpha numeric serial number on the right hand side of the badge).

NYCC does a crappy job of communicating this and everyone kept getting an invalid error code because they were inputting the first number or both numbers.

Cheers!

N.

Edited by NelsonAI

17 hours ago, Ssantoss said:

Wonder if CGC will have on-location grading, or at least submissions and witnesses. This Con is stacked with comic book talent, to my joy! 

No On-site grading, but plenty of witnesses, upstairs and down in Artist Alley 

Cgc booth going to be packed. Better head there 1st.  Comic guest list is amazing. Entertainment list sucks but theh probably add more soon. 

I've made the swoych from comics to gi Joe's (my comic collection is complete to me) so I'll be going to AFA as I think they are there too. 

Yes.  CGC will be at NYCC to accept submissions but DOES NOT do onsite grading at NYCC. There is just too many people.  The books get taken back to Florida for  grading and then shipped back to you after they grade your books.  Fill out the forms in advance.

As Jason4 stated, the lines will be packed all day long for all 4 days.  Sunday, they start packing up early to leave so do not wait until the last minute.

On 8/28/2019 at 5:23 AM, NelsonAI said:

Fyi

Once you receive the badge, you need to activate it.

The sticker has a link that essentially takes you to the showclix website where you should already be registered.

On the reverse side of your badge are 2 serial numbers.

The activation code is the second number ONLY (alpha numeric serial number on the right hand side of the badge).

NYCC does a crappy job of communicating this and everyone kept getting an invalid error code because they were inputting the first number or both numbers.

Cheers!

N.

Okay then, what am I doing wrong?

When I log in I do not see anywhere to enter in my serial number.  It takes me immediately to my order history where I can see my application and ticket history but nowhere to activate.  

:pullhair:

27 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Okay then, what am I doing wrong?

When I log in I do not see anywhere to enter in my serial number.  It takes me immediately to my order history where I can see my application and ticket history but nowhere to activate.  

:pullhair:

click on to where you edit your profile

5 minutes ago, comicjack said:

click on to where you edit your profile

I don't have that option for some reason.  My name and application and confirmation of events shows up.  However the "Manage New York Comic Con Profile" blue bar that is in the online instructions to activate is not present on my screen.  I tried this in Chrome and Safari.  I will call them later.  That should be fun. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 6.01.28 AM.png

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

I don't have that option for some reason.  My name and application and confirmation of events shows up.  However the "Manage New York Comic Con Profile" blue bar that is in the online instructions to activate is not present on my screen.  I tried this in Chrome and Safari.  I will call them later.  That should be fun. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 6.01.28 AM.png

good luck on that :cry:

3 hours ago, comicjack said:

good luck on that :cry:

They just fixed it and they are good to go.   Somehow the ticket was split between two email addresses.  The ticket showed up when I logged in with my professional email but it was linked through a personal email address. So basically it was showing up under two email accounts.  Either way... they fixed it.  Thank you though. 

If you read the IDW / Byrne announcement carefully .....

you have the OPPORTUNITY to have 5 non-IDW items signed by Byrne.  I interpret this as Byrne will sign his IDW book for free but you have an opportunity to pay him to sign up to 5 non-IDW items for a not yet disclosed fee.  Given his recent show appearances, he won't sign for CGC signature series / witnessed autographs.

hm

Edited by NelsonAI