• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NYCC 2019 -- It's still Never too Early, October 3-6
3 3

100 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Ssantoss said:

Do any of you know how open the vendors are to trading comics at the con? I was thinking about bringing a pile of marvel bronze age comics that I have duplicates off, but if the chances are slim I'd rather save the luggage space.

I think it depends what you have keys always seem to work 

Getting closer, getting closer...gotta say, the panels seem a little lackluster this year compared to previous, at least to me. I'm also really annoyed that they removed the ability to Sort By Date Modified for panels and everything else on their website and app, because now it seems impossible to tell if they've added or altered any panels or exclusives without just checking the whole list over again and hoping to spot something different...

If anyone tries for and happens to win a pre-show lottery spot for one of the two Warren Ellis signings, and isn't bringing the maximum whatevers allowed...I've got a sketch of Spider Jerusalem I really want to get him to sign, but it isn't really clear if he's doing any signings outside of those lotteries (right now, he's only listed as being in panels, and I've only seen those Fri/Sat signing sessions appear on the lotteries). So if you aren't bringing whatever maximum things they allow, I'd love to be able to slip that sketch in there to get signed as well (I'd pay whatever cost there is for getting it signed, obviously).

Will CGC be accepting submissions for grading at NYCC? Has anyone had experience with it before? Is there a long wait time/line to drop off books for grading? Is it safer to drop books off to CGC at a CON or is it safer to ship them directly to them? I've never submitted before and I'm thinking of going to NYCC for the sole purpose of dropping off submissions.  Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, Cosmos56 said:

Will CGC be accepting submissions for grading at NYCC? Has anyone had experience with it before? Is there a long wait time/line to drop off books for grading? Is it safer to drop books off to CGC at a CON or is it safer to ship them directly to them? I've never submitted before and I'm thinking of going to NYCC for the sole purpose of dropping off submissions.  Thanks in advance!

CGC will be accepting submissions for blue labels at booth 2522, if you get there early there is not much of wait, as the day goes it's a different story. The new Kiosk process makes bringing your submissions really easy, log into the Kiosk when you first arrive to be put on a virtual list, when you time comes they will text you when it is your time to submit. This way you can walk around the show, and submit when they text you back. Submitting at shows is so convenient , you save on shipping, you can ask questions directly with a CGC rep, and everything is packed securely.

18 hours ago, Dmac538 said:

CGC will be accepting submissions for blue labels at booth 2522, if you get there early there is not much of wait, as the day goes it's a different story. The new Kiosk process makes bringing your submissions really easy, log into the Kiosk when you first arrive to be put on a virtual list, when you time comes they will text you when it is your time to submit. This way you can walk around the show, and submit when they text you back. Submitting at shows is so convenient , you save on shipping, you can ask questions directly with a CGC rep, and everything is packed securely.

Thank you very much for the information :)!

7 hours ago, Cosmos56 said:

Thank you very much for the information :)!

Close of each day is usually bad at CGC, long waits.  Try not to wait for the end.  Also they usually have 2 booths, one main floor, and one in Artist Alley, but they restrict some things that can be done at each booth.

Has anyone had any luck purchasing passes second-hand?  I'm on the waiting list on their ticket exchange, Lyte, but am like 700th on the list with of course only a few days until the event.  I've considered Stubhub, but am concerned about issues with activation codes and such.  I'm mad at myself for waiting this long :frustrated:

1 hour ago, Skunkboy said:

Has anyone had any luck purchasing passes second-hand?  I'm on the waiting list on their ticket exchange, Lyte, but am like 700th on the list with of course only a few days until the event.  I've considered Stubhub, but am concerned about issues with activation codes and such.  I'm mad at myself for waiting this long :frustrated:

Thursday is still available from the message they sent me 

Finishing my preparations for nycc. I have about 25 books window bagged and ready :-) I have a few questions:

-do i have to lug around all the signed books all day or can i drop them off in batches as i finish the signings?

-one of the signings I'm aiming for is right at open 10am Kieron Gillen at the Boom! Studios booth. I assume i should run to cgc booth first to request a witness then go lineup at Boom! booth?

-is there anything i need to do in advanced to save time, paperwork etc.? I did setup an account. All my submissions will be for sig series. 

-i have a few books for the cgc private signings but i plan to get a few sigs on then from artist alley first. Do i just bring the witnessed books back to cgc and notify that they are also for private signings as well?

thanks!

23 hours ago, Jasten said:

Finishing my preparations for nycc. I have about 25 books window bagged and ready :-) I have a few questions:

-do i have to lug around all the signed books all day or can i drop them off in batches as i finish the signings?

-one of the signings I'm aiming for is right at open 10am Kieron Gillen at the Boom! Studios booth. I assume i should run to cgc booth first to request a witness then go lineup at Boom! booth?

-is there anything i need to do in advanced to save time, paperwork etc.? I did setup an account. All my submissions will be for sig series. 

-i have a few books for the cgc private signings but i plan to get a few sigs on then from artist alley first. Do i just bring the witnessed books back to cgc and notify that they are also for private signings as well?

thanks!

1) You can submit books as they're being done, but you'll be charged separate invoice & shipping fees for each invoice you close out. I'd suggest holding on to everything till the end of the show and combine your books into as few invoices as possible.

2) Yes

3) You won't be assigned a witness unless you have your paperwork started - unfortunately, you can't do the SS forms online, so you'll have to go to the CGC booth, grab an invoice and fill it out before you ask for a witness. Make sure you know your account number, so you won't have to waste time looking it up on the ipads at the booth.

4) Exactly

If you mean the signing, it was lottery only. I'm still waiting to hear on my lottery entries, for the lottery that ended Friday and which they said results would be sent out by yesterday...has anyone heard any results either way for that lottery yet? (They said they'd let you know if you lost all of them, too.)

2 minutes ago, cloud cloddie said:

This will be my first time going to NYCC. Are there multiple cue lines to get onto the floor each morning like there are at SDCC?

If it's like it was last year, which was a surprisingly big step in a good direction...they'll let everyone inside and downstairs into one of the halls (1C, IIRC, but it doesn't matter, you get funneled there), which will be separated into two groups. On your left as you enter, you'll be able to get in one of the lines for a Main Stage panel for the day, to tap your badge into that and save a spot. On your right, there will be multiple queue lanes (as each one fills, they start filing up the next one) to just get in on the show floor. When the floor opens at 10AM, they'll start letting the show floor queue lanes in one at a time, and after a few of them have gone through, the Main Stage lines will start tapping badges (from there, you can either head to the show floor, or get back into another Main Stage line to save a spot for another panel, if it hasn't filled up yet).