• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NYCC 2019 -- It's still Never too Early, October 3-6
3 3

100 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Cocomonkey said:

If it's like it was last year, which was a surprisingly big step in a good direction...they'll let everyone inside and downstairs into one of the halls (1C, IIRC, but it doesn't matter, you get funneled there), which will be separated into two groups. On your left as you enter, you'll be able to get in one of the lines for a Main Stage panel for the day, to tap your badge into that and save a spot. On your right, there will be multiple queue lanes (as each one fills, they start filing up the next one) to just get in on the show floor. When the floor opens at 10AM, they'll start letting the show floor queue lanes in one at a time, and after a few of them have gone through, the Main Stage lines will start tapping badges (from there, you can either head to the show floor, or get back into another Main Stage line to save a spot for another panel, if it hasn't filled up yet).

Thanks for the info. Do the cue lines start pretty early each day?

1 hour ago, cloud cloddie said:

Thanks for the info. Do the cue lines start pretty early each day?

I'm not really sure when they start...I feel like they were always already open whatever time I got there last year. Definitely before 9, maybe before 8. I looked back at a video I took 2 years ago (2017) and by 8:56 AM on Thursday, it looks like all of the show floor lanes were pretty packed. I don't think any of the Main Stage panels fill up right away--some early on, but none were like, if you weren't in line before 9 or 10, then you were SOL. Each of the show floor queue lines gets very packed (and we're talking lanes that are like, 5-6 people wide), with them moving people forward over and over, before they start on the next lane.

7 hours ago, Cocomonkey said:

If you mean the signing, it was lottery only. I'm still waiting to hear on my lottery entries, for the lottery that ended Friday and which they said results would be sent out by yesterday...has anyone heard any results either way for that lottery yet? (They said they'd let you know if you lost all of them, too.)

Good question.  I applied to a lottery and haven't heard a YAY or a NAY either.  Has anyone had a response to their lottery entry??

UPDATE - Just heard (8:23 EST)

Edited by pemart1966

I won a pass in the lottery for Thursday night for the night with M Knight at the Hammerstein Ballroom - it is the premier for his new show on Apple TV and has some of the cast there - I can't make it and would be happy to make a trade

14 hours ago, pemart1966 said:

Good question.  I applied to a lottery and haven't heard a YAY or a NAY either.  Has anyone had a response to their lottery entry??

UPDATE - Just heard (8:23 EST)

You heard something? I still haven't gotten anything...at this point, I'm assuming it's all a loss. Which sucks, because I really, really wanted to get Warren Ellis to sign my Spider sketch, but oh well. The rest of the stuff I put in for, whatever, none of them were lottery-only, so not like I'm totally shut out.

If you never received an email either way (I did not), try uninstalling the phone app and re-installing it, then click lotteries. I actually just found out I won the Warren Ellis signing Friday and one of the exclusive toys but never got any emails! Now I need to figure out what the Warren Ellis signing actually is, it says you get a Castlevania poster but gives no other details on if or what you can bring to have signed or if witnesses are allowed. I only entered this as I figured all exclusive signings were worth trying for. Now I gotta go hunt down a good book or two to add to my pile. Anyone have any suggestions on something I could easily find at my local shop or pickup at the con?

50 minutes ago, Jasten said:

If you never received an email either way (I did not), try uninstalling the phone app and re-installing it, then click lotteries. I actually just found out I won the Warren Ellis signing Friday and one of the exclusive toys but never got any emails! Now I need to figure out what the Warren Ellis signing actually is, it says you get a Castlevania poster but gives no other details on if or what you can bring to have signed or if witnesses are allowed. I only entered this as I figured all exclusive signings were worth trying for. Now I gotta go hunt down a good book or two to add to my pile. Anyone have any suggestions on something I could easily find at my local shop or pickup at the con?

Lucky! This was the only thing I actually wanted to win, and doesn't seem like I did. Good luck finding something!

Got my four day pass and am doing my annual night before lookup of exclusives, guests, and what not. Gonna be a great show! Going to try hard to pick up the Neal Adams Vengeance of Vampirella signed variant at his booth tomorrow morning. After that, going after some Parrillo exclusives. After that, who knows! Hope everyone who is going has a great time.

NYCC 2020 show dates are October 8 - 11.  The show is back to their routine of ending before Columbus Day.  Schools usually have off on that Monday so kids going to NYCC can rest after all that walking.  Lol.

It's also an easier day to fly out of NY.

Edited by NelsonAI
Typos

Talked to some booths selling comics. I should have brought my pile of bronze age stuff and traded them in. Oh well, I'll be going to more cons in the us in the future.

The crowding during all four days was insane! 

I found it busier than last year, Thursday was surprisingly busy. But I had a blast. I went to the John Byrne signing, it went really well, despite me picking up the Artist Edition, and then joining the signing queue to be told the queue was at capacity and to come back 3 hours later (having to carry the heavy book around for the rest of the day) But the staff were nice about it, so it was no big deal. The later John Byrne signing started 15 minutes early to deal with the long line, but it moved quickly and was well organised by IDW. John Byrne himself was very pleasant and chatty, and there was no issue with what extra items were signed (I had 2 book dust jackets, 2 of his Marvel comics, and one history of Marvel book), there was no extra charge for the extra 5 items by the way :) 

I also won the lottery to meet Warren Ellis on Friday evening. That was restricted to one item per person, which was a surprising, but not unwelcome as it kept the line moving quickly and I was in a hurry to get back to Artist Alley before it closed. Warren Ellis was very charming, and really took his time with every person :)

Edited by Revol