• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Truly Dissatisfied With Service
1 1

109 posts in this topic

I just wanted to say that- as a first-time user of this service- I am truly dissatisfied.  When I first acquired my comic books as a little boy, I hardly looked at them, and they were well stored in a sturdy comic box, with acid-free backers and bags, in a climate-controlled safe and stress-free environment.  When I got my comics back from my first grading, I was shocked to see that they had been given 8.0 grades.  There had been nothing done to warrant such a mark.  I am sorry that I had to be a paid member to get express servicing done but it will be the last time I do so. 

Lanny

8 minutes ago, Lhel1271 said:

I was shocked to see that they had been given 8.0 grades.  There had been nothing done to warrant such a mark. 

Lanny

Have you looked at your grader notes (log in, look at your submissions, hover over the grader notes on a particluar book) It may tell you some info on why it got a particular grade. 

Would love to hear back if this helps and what the grader notes were. 

“Hardly looked at them” is not the same as never looked at them.  It doesn’t take that much handling, especially when you’re a kid, to de-Near Mint a comic.  I still have many of my readers from 20+ years ago, and I guarantee none of them are 9.8s despite being carefully handled and stored.

Don’t be bitter for long, chalk this up as your first grading lesson.  We’ve all had them.

50 minutes ago, Lhel1271 said:

I just wanted to say that- as a first-time user of this service- I am truly dissatisfied.  When I first acquired my comic books as a little boy, I hardly looked at them, and they were well stored in a sturdy comic box, with acid-free backers and bags, in a climate-controlled safe and stress-free environment.  When I got my comics back from my first grading, I was shocked to see that they had been given 8.0 grades.  There had been nothing done to warrant such a mark.  I am sorry that I had to be a paid member to get express servicing done but it will be the last time I do so. 

Lanny

Obviously you didn't. 

Its impossible for NM books to be mis-graded that many times as 8.0's.  I bet my life that if I saw those books you I wouldn't agree with your noob grading.

Edited by NewWorldOrder
stupid boardie

Books don't necessarily come off the racks mint (shrug) 

Even if you cared for them as such.... not looking at them might mean you don't remember their condition to begin with :foryou: 

9 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Obviously you didn't. 

Its impossible for NM books to be mis-graded that many times as 8.0's.  I bet my life that if I saw those books you I wouldn't agree with your noob grading.

Always so welcoming and understanding. I remember when you were a misguided noob. At least you're not a noob anymore.

6 minutes ago, mysterio said:

It’s possible that this is the Friday thread. 

Naw.  The OP will never respond and it will fizzle out quick

Wow - would have saved my 25,000 post for something special if I would have noticed.

Edited by 1Cool

59 minutes ago, Lhel1271 said:

Lanny

It doesn't take much for an 8.0 to be made. It might ave gotten some bendies on the comic rack before you bought it.

47 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

“Hardly looked at them” is not the same as never looked at them.  It doesn’t take that much handling, especially when you’re a kid, to de-Near Mint a comic.  I still have many of my readers from 20+ years ago, and I guarantee none of them are 9.8s despite being carefully handled and stored.

Don’t be bitter for long, chalk this up as your first grading lesson.  We’ve all had them.

Not all of us :grin:

Count yourself fortunate that you got 8.0's. Boy, I'd be lucky if my 70's comics would hit 8.0. The only comics I've gotten that are close to near mint are those I bought when I was an adult, because by then I figured out how you were suppose to handle them.

I started buying comics on my own with my allowance money when I was 10, so 1973 and on. All of those I had from that time until maybe 1979-1980 were well read. Remember those 16 page ad things that they put in the comics in the mid 70's? I used to hate them as a kid and I removed/tore them out - I was so mad that "how dare they put in 16 pages of ads"....I almost want to cry and cringe when thinking about that now lol 

I think a great  many images  are of  really highly graded  books. The 9.6 and  9.8. Now i don;'t know  when  the writer was a  little boy  and acquired  his comics but 8 is a really good grade for books from  the 60's. I  thin  when we get to the 90's  is  when we find the super  high  grades. So your 8's  may  indeed be  really  good  grades.

Btw. I had an FF 42 graded that came back  as an  8.  I still  can't detect the  problems. Book  is glossy with white  pages.  You  can  however tell it was  read.  The  9.6 and  9.8 i have are unread.