• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Truly Dissatisfied With Service
1 1

109 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

i hope he didn't get a double whammy by only getting 8,0's on " drek " lol 

yep probly youngbloods #3

On 10/5/2018 at 7:46 AM, Lhel1271 said:

I just wanted to say that- as a first-time user of this service- I am truly dissatisfied.  When I first acquired my comic books as a little boy, I hardly looked at them, and they were well stored in a sturdy comic box, with acid-free backers and bags, in a climate-controlled safe and stress-free environment.  When I got my comics back from my first grading, I was shocked to see that they had been given 8.0 grades.  There had been nothing done to warrant such a mark.  I am sorry that I had to be a paid member to get express servicing done but it will be the last time I do so. 

Lann

I’m gonna side with the OP on this one.  It’s easy to say a newcomer here doesn’t know how to grade.  However these books were in climate controlled storage in acid free bags and boards in a stress free environment.  It all equals 9.8s for me  

whenever things get stressful at my house with  the mother in law, I immediately move my comics and I believe it helps with getting 9.8s   

If a comic isn’t 9.8 it’s sh*t. Plain and simple.

OP you were robbed. Have you tried PGX?   Don’t settle for 8.0s for the simple fact that these comics WERE 9.8s! 

I believe CGC and the losers here are purposely devaluing your comics so you’ll sell em on the cheap. Don’t fall for this scam.  This hobby is ruthless . 

29 minutes ago, NoMan said:

I’m gonna side with the OP on this one.  It’s easy to say a newcomer here doesn’t know how to grade.  However these books were in climate controlled storage in acid free bags and boards in a stress free environment.  It all equals 9.8s for me  

whenever things get stressful at my house with  the mother in law, I immediately move my comics and I believe it helps with getting 9.8s   

If a comic isn’t 9.8 it’s sh*t. Plain and simple.

OP you were robbed. Have you tried PGX?   Don’t settle for 8.0s for the simple fact that these comics WERE 9.8s! 

I believe CGC and the losers here are purposely devaluing your comics so you’ll sell em on the cheap. Don’t fall for this scam.  This hobby is ruthless . 

PGX will get him in the same boat. See picture below of this person who got robbed.

M asm 44.jpg

On 10/5/2018 at 7:46 AM, Lhel1271 said:

I just wanted to say that- as a first-time user of this service- I am truly dissatisfied.  When I first acquired my comic books as a little boy, I hardly looked at them, and they were well stored in a sturdy comic box, with acid-free backers and bags, in a climate-controlled safe and stress-free environment.  When I got my comics back from my first grading, I was shocked to see that they had been given 8.0 grades.  There had been nothing done to warrant such a mark.  I am sorry that I had to be a paid member to get express servicing done but it will be the last time I do so. 

Lanny

Please find someone else to interact with. There are hundreds of other posters on this board to choose from.

Thank you

23 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

As a down-to-earth, blue-collar Brit, it's something which always irritated me.  Snobbish and pretentious.

And just how is a Brit supposed to keep the proverbial "stiff upper lip", or a "stiff upper anything", for that matter, when he's still hyphenating his last name with his maiden name?

rob-roy-24.jpg

Edited by James J Johnson

2 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

It’s our own fault, we didn’t agree with his concise, well thought out assessment of CGC’s grading practices sight unseen.

dang.