• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you display your high value key(s) or do you hide them?
2 2

63 posts in this topic

Just wondering what people do with their high value keys?  Thankfully I recently sold my most expensive key after I downsized my home, so I don't worry about this as much. 

However, last night after hearing a few horror stories about comics being stolen by friends/family,... What do most people here do?   display them or store ?

For the people who display them, are they in CGC cases?  Mylites?  Is anyone worried about accidental water damage or fire?  Is the CGC case water proof?

2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Just wondering what people do with their high value keys?  Thankfully I recently sold my most expensive key after I downsized my home, so I don't worry about this as much. 

However, last night after hearing a few horror stories about comics being stolen by friends/family,... What do most people here do?   display them or store ?

For the people who display them, are they in CGC cases?  Mylites?  Is anyone worried about accidental water damage or fire?  Is the CGC case water proof?

No their not water proof lol so don't test that theory. Some display behind UV glass to protect from the sun. Some have collectors insurance to protect from water and fire. Given a short period I've displayed some without any of that doh! I mostly store them... even that proves difficult...

Every one of my high value keys that I own I place on the outside of my door so passers by can admire them.

Just now, oakman29 said:

Every time I see your room it just blows me away, very cool horror books.

Photoshop!!

5 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I keep mine sorted on a book shelf in chronological order.

PST or EST?

6 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

No their not water proof lol so don't test that theory. Some display behind UV glass to protect from the sun. Some have collectors insurance to protect from water and fire. Given a short period I've displayed some without any of that doh! I mostly store them... even that proves difficult...

What do u like to store?  Do most people just hide in plain sight or use something like a gun safe?

3 hours ago, bug33fouf said:

locked in closet. copies posted in picture frames...hm

Reprints or just a color copy of the cover?

6 hours ago, shortboxed said:

I display them. They wouldn't offer me much enjoyment if I couldn't look at them.

Not in direct sunlight, of course.

I agree, that’s how u get more of ur money’s worth. Do U have a specific holder or frame to mount?  

I left all my Charlton keys on the porch by mistake once.

When I realised, I panicked and rushed out to get them. Someone had added to the pile.  

38 minutes ago, kav said:

I store mine in a climate controlled safe I bought when i was a kid to turn my books into 9.8s

#stressfree

Be funny if it turned out they were all 8.0's xD