• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charles Schulz "original"

8 posts in this topic

Hi. I'm new here. Not sure if I'm doing everything right. Please feel free to tell me if I am or not. 

I came across a signed piece of "original" artwork by Charles Schulz for sale and I'm not certain it's real. It doesn't come with any certificates of authenticity (though those can be faked anyway). I'm leaning towards that it's a fake, but I'd like some more expert input, since his signatures change as much as mine from picture to picture! Is it real or fake? It seems way, way too good to be true. 

Screenshot_20181006-222436_eBay.jpg

On 10/6/2018 at 6:57 AM, Mossyrock16 said:

Hi. I'm new here. Not sure if I'm doing everything right. Please feel free to tell me if I am or not. 

I came across a signed piece of "original" artwork by Charles Schulz for sale and I'm not certain it's real. It doesn't come with any certificates of authenticity (though those can be faked anyway). I'm leaning towards that it's a fake, but I'd like some more expert input, since his signatures change as much as mine from picture to picture! Is it real or fake? It seems way, way too good to be true. 

I would pass on it unless it is pretty cheap so that if it is fake I wouldn’t care. There are way to many fakes out there

On 10/6/2018 at 8:57 AM, Mossyrock16 said:

I drew a better looking snoopy in 3rd grade. 

as others have said, fake.  The line weights are wrong.   The fingers and toes are off.   The ear is a problem.   The collar.   The doghouse.    Really everywhere you focus your attention for a while, its off.  

Don't think that I've seen an original with the back arched like that.  That being said, I've seen worse...a lot worse...  

A couple of questions for the Schulz experts out there:

1.  Did Schulz do a lot of these types of drawings i.e 1 character minimal background?

2.  If he did, did he use marker/sharpie which appears to be the case here or did he use the traditional pen and ink?

Edited by pemart1966