• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOULD I BE UPSET ABOUT THIS STAN LEE SIGNATURE?
1 1

45 posts in this topic

I bought this for $350 on Ebay. I love the comic, but I am a bit upset that the autograph itself looks like mess. It's authentic, but it looks like a big blob of black. I'm not one to flip as I have loved Stan Lee and Spider-Man for over 35 years. I just wish it looked like his name.

Thoughts?

thumbnail.jpg

On 10/7/2018 at 6:44 PM, WEB_SLINGER2000 said:

I bought this for $350 on Ebay. I love the comic, but I am a bit upset that the autograph itself looks like mess. It's authentic, but it looks like a big blob of black. I'm not one to flip as I have loved Stan Lee and Spider-Man for over 35 years. I just wish it looked like his name.

Thoughts?

thumbnail.jpg

Did the seller send you a book different than the one listed? 

No? 

Then what's the problem? 

Here's what you saw on ebay

asm.thumb.png.3ab23cceb7b84219ff8727392e8806a2.png

Looks EXACTLY like what he sent you. 

If you wanted something different, you should have bought something different...

On 10/7/2018 at 5:44 PM, WEB_SLINGER2000 said:

Thoughts?

thumbnail.jpg

That's one of the smallest Stan sigs I've ever seen.  You can't complain if you saw a pic of it before you purchased it.

Not joking here, I honestly believe this.

I think in about 10 -15 years time (depending on when Lee makes his exit) there will become a market for the worst/craziest/blob-ish SL signature from those curio-minded collectors. 

Your book will be worth a fortune at that time. Hold on to it. 

of course, that goes without saying: the most money will come from the clean, sharp well-placed sig.

But I don't doubt that there will be a certain type of antithetical comic collector that leans to the curious/bizarre/stuff everyone else hates that will want the absolute worst SL sig in existence, of which our OP may possess and will pay a price for it, perhaps getting into bidding wars with the like minded. Much like some ghoulish collector paying a premium for SL's last sig ever. 

Edited by NoMan

8 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

You definitely could be right. When I was active, I would have paid a premium for the "cockroach" ASM 129.

In a way, it's like the reason the Rifleman comic with the wood is collectable.