• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOULD I BE UPSET ABOUT THIS STAN LEE SIGNATURE?
1 1

45 posts in this topic

On 10/7/2018 at 7:44 PM, WEB_SLINGER2000 said:

I bought this for $350 on Ebay. I love the comic, but I am a bit upset that the autograph itself looks like mess. It's authentic, but it looks like a big blob of black. I'm not one to flip as I have loved Stan Lee and Spider-Man for over 35 years. I just wish it looked like his name.

Thoughts?

thumbnail.jpg

I thought I was the only one...

(Also, RIP Stan)

IMG_2772.jpg

Honestly, You shouldn't complain about a later Stan Lee signature. He was practically on his deathbed coming to these conventions to get these comics signed us for. Just be lucky that you have one in your collection. At least yours reads out "Stan Lee", just look at mine :o. I'm not thrilled that about it, but it is unique. Plus, I was fortunate enough to see him at the last convention that he attended too. Thanks Stan!

F4A35B7C-90E5-4629-BDEA-50A7C3CE6863.thumb.JPG.51edb20d9b1eabf9093676edb872e25d.JPG 

Edited by BbqP.Bun85

6 hours ago, BbqP.Bun85 said:

Honestly, You shouldn't complain about a later Stan Lee signature. He was practically on his deathbed coming to these conventions to get these comics signed us for. Just be lucky that you have one in your collection. At least yours reads out "Stan Lee", just look at mine :o. I'm not thrilled that about it, but it is unique. Plus, I was fortunate enough to see him at the last convention that he attended too. Thanks Stan!

F4A35B7C-90E5-4629-BDEA-50A7C3CE6863.thumb.JPG.51edb20d9b1eabf9093676edb872e25d.JPG 

The people who dragged Stan to that convention should be locked up. 

2 hours ago, mattn792 said:
9 hours ago, BbqP.Bun85 said:

I'm not necessarily contradicting you because I don't know the facts of his actual last months/years (and I know there were some allegations of abuse by agents, and that his daughter doesn't seem like the most awesome person ever).  I get that Stan did not look great in many of his final appearances.  BUT just to play devil's advocate, I think its clear that for most of his final phase of senior living, Stan genuinely enjoyed getting out and meeting people and seeing the fans.  I don't think its a secret to say he enjoyed the spotlight.  Which isn't an excuse to disregard his health or for people to abuse him, but there's certainly a possibility where meeting was fans was something that he literally lived for and wanted to do as much of that as possible before the end, and didn't require much dragging.  I hope he feels like he was doing what he loved all the way up until the end. (I also see the potential scenario where it looks like some people were exploiting that).

My grandma is 95 (96?), and some days she's doing better physically and mentally than others, but she LOVES LOVES LOVES to go to church, she's the unofficial matriarch.  And sometimes she goes, and things honestly seem pretty shaky, BUT everyone still comes to talk to her and hug her and encourage her and share memories.  And I think that gives her regular goals to meet and helps her spirit to keep her motivated to go to church every week, and live longer.  I don't know all the particulars of Stan's situation, but it's not a stretch for me to think it could have been something similar (although I haven't figured out how to profit from it yet, although sometimes people bring her fruit, but then I have to end up carrying huge boxes or bags of pomelos, which isn't fun).

3 hours ago, mattn792 said:

17 minutes ago, revat said:

I'm not necessarily contradicting you because I don't know the facts of his actual last months/years (and I know there were some allegations of abuse by agents, and that his daughter doesn't seem like the most awesome person ever).  I get that Stan did not look great in many of his final appearances.  BUT just to play devil's advocate, I think its clear that for most of his final phase of senior living, Stan genuinely enjoyed getting out and meeting people and seeing the fans.  I don't think its a secret to say he enjoyed the spotlight.  Which isn't an excuse to disregard his health or for people to abuse him, but there's certainly a possibility where meeting was fans was something that he literally lived for and wanted to do as much of that as possible before the end, and didn't require much dragging.  I hope he feels like he was doing what he loved all the way up until the end. (I also see the potential scenario where it looks like some people were exploiting that).

My grandma is 95 (96?), and some days she's doing better physically and mentally than others, but she LOVES LOVES LOVES to go to church, she's the unofficial matriarch.  And sometimes she goes, and things honestly seem pretty shaky, BUT everyone still comes to talk to her and hug her and encourage her and share memories.  And I think that gives her regular goals to meet and helps her spirit to keep her motivated to go to church every week, and live longer.  I don't know all the particulars of Stan's situation, but it's not a stretch for me to think it could have been something similar (although I haven't figured out how to profit from it yet, although sometimes people bring her fruit, but then I have to end up carrying huge boxes or bags of pomelos, which isn't fun).

I agreed with you too. I think Stan loves to be in the spotlight and see the thousands of fans to come see him. It is sad to see people taking advantage of him because of his status and they should be ashamed of themselves. Should we be surprised? No, because there are some sick people in this world. I’m glad that Mr. Lee was able to do everything he loved to do until his final day. May he Rest In Peace.

Edited by BbqP.Bun85

On 10/15/2019 at 1:54 PM, mattn792 said:

Sad but true. Wonder when that was signed.

I got it signed by Stan during his last appearance in Canada in 2016. I still have the certificate of authenticity, do you think that validates it?