• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Casper and the Ghostly Trio #1

4 posts in this topic

Trying to develop a better eye for sumbitting potential books for prescreen/grading

I have almost a full set of this run that were untouched file copies.

pages on most are very white.

The number 1  does have a crease on the back cover but it is very hard to see in the scan

Does seem to be some browning on hte back cover

CGT 1.jpg

CGT 1 BC.jpg

CGT 1 inside.jpg

CGT 5.jpg

The #1 is a tough one to grade due to the stain on the bottom back cover.  defects: stain, small spine crease back cover, very minor staple stress, looks like a very faint non-color breaking diagonal crease top back cover ( i think that's the crease you mentioned?).  It initially appears as a 9.0 - 9.2, but the back cover stain technically puts you no higher than an Overstreet 6.5. 

I'm going to guess a CGC 8.0 (no strong evidence or examples to back this up).  Interested to hear opinion of other boardies.

Thanks for catching that.

Turns out the smudge  is NOT on the comic,  but instead was on the glass of the scanner.

Wonder how many images had this until  it was noticed.  Guess it only really showed against a white background

CGT BC NEW.jpg