• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Very lame little NYCC thread
3 3

87 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, adamstrange said:

Thanks for the pictures.  As a lame report, it was pretty great! (thumbsu

+1

Yes, a pretty nice report from my point of view.  (thumbsu

Especially on Page 1 of this thread with all the pictures of the Church Planet's, the pre-Robin 'Tec books, your own personal pick-ups, etc.  :applause:

15 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

And, oh yeah, while I was there, I figured I may as well pick up some comics. 

IMG_1305.jpg

IMG_1306.jpg

IMG_1307.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1310.jpg

IMG_1311.jpg

IMG_1312.jpg

IMG_1313.jpg

IMG_1314.jpg

IMG_1315.jpg

IMG_1316.jpg

Great report Tony, Thanks for posting it. That Sensation #13 is  :luhv:  I've been after that one for years. And that Fantastic... well the title of the book says it all. I can't recall ever seeing one for sale. Hey, even the "girly man" "love books" aren't too bad either. Looks like you had fun!

3 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

His stock on Thursday was really strong.  Last year, it was pretty slim pickings at his booth--maybe had strong sales at Baltimore?

I know that this year he made some recent purchases and had gotten some books back from CGC.  

He seemed to be doing a brisk business.  Along the lines of General Motors' old slogan, he had books for every purse and purpose.

He was only shopping in Baltimore so he picked up some good stuff in my opinion.

13 hours ago, BitterOldMan said:

Just a photo, but did not have the new small car price money to purchase this beauty.

Great to see Sqeggs again!

DAE9E853-2368-4FB6-BEF3-6D6F2B4C0320.jpeg

May I ask on what Harley was asking for the Mystic?  Thanks!

15 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Great report! I saw some amazing books at the show. There was much to see. Was great to see Steve Ritter back in NYC after many years. He had an awesome Captain America 74 in 3.5 on his wall and quite an extensive GA inventory. This was my purchase of the show thanks to Gator! I sold my low grade raw copy a few years ago to pay off a big book, but always regretted it. This one is higher grade than I'm used to but was fairly priced.

detective45.jpg

That’s a great book :luhv:

20 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Well, they do have that new subway station now.  :)

Does the subway run upstate, lol? but thanks, I didn't know that there was one, it might help;)

Loved all the pictures, btw...thanks for posting them.

20 hours ago, Sqeggs said:
20 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Are the Church Planets part of JV's collection ?

Fishler's, I think. 

Well, at least Steve has enough confidence in his own auction website to auction his own personal collection of books there.  (thumbsu

Unlike somebody like Schmell who took all of his uber HG SA Marvels to Heritage when it came time for him to auction off his own books.  :facepalm:

Boy, if the owner operator of a supposedly high end comic book auction website doesn't have enough confidence in his own website to auction off his own books, then why in the world should anybody else consign their books to him for auction?  doh!

34 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, at least Steve has enough confidence in his own auction website to auction his own personal collection of books there.  (thumbsu

Unlike somebody like Schmell who took all of his uber HG SA Marvels to Heritage when it came time for him to auction off his own books.  :facepalm:

Boy, if the owner operator of a supposedly high end comic book auction website doesn't have enough confidence in his own website to auction off his own books, then why in the world should anybody else consign their books to him for auction?  doh!

Yeah except if you don’t get what what you’re looking for you put in the high bid and just keep em till it’s time to auction again 

22 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Does the subway run upstate, lol? but thanks, I didn't know that there was one, it might help;)

Loved all the pictures, btw...thanks for posting them.

Train to Grand Central, subway to Javits Center, and there you are!