• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Thread that No One Demanded: Buzzetta at NYCC 2018
4 4

178 posts in this topic

So I figured I would throw in my annual / semi - annual review of the show.

Walked around a lot.  Had to travel back and forth to Long Island a lot... So sit back and enjoy the costumes, some pics of books and little anecdotes or write ups of what I saw.  Loot will be at the end.  It wound up being pretty GI Joe heavy.  Welcome to NYCC 2018.

Immediate edit and side note... certain vendors were notable absent or poorly promoted.  Lego, who once had entire sections and a stage and at least had a van and a con exclusive last year was represented only by a Jason Mamoa Aquaman life size sculpture by the costumes.  Vendors such as Spencer's Artist's Choice shared a booth with someone else by Square Enix and I had no idea they were there until Sunday.  Hasbro used to have a presence but did their own show at a suite off site to members of the press only. ... sad.. but okay... here we go... and more on that later. 

IMG_6118.JPG

Edited by Buzzetta

So went on a coffee run for someone I knew working in a booth... the line for Starbucks was... intense... They had me order three coffees and Starbucks only gave me two.  They remade the entire order and gave me five to walk away with... Even Starbucks couldn't handle this volume... and to tell the truth, Starbucks did a FANTASTIC JOB catering to everyone.  They knew they would be screwing up orders or not finding people or missing some things due to intense volume.  They handled it like pros. 

IMG_6111.JPG

IMG_6112.JPG

IMG_6113.JPG

IMG_6114.JPG

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

So went on a coffee run for someone I knew working in a booth... the line for Starbucks was... intense... They had me order three coffees and Starbucks only gave me two.  They remade the entire order and gave me five to walk away with... Even Starbucks couldn't handle this volume... and to tell the truth, Starbucks did a FANTASTIC JOB catering to everyone.  They knew they would be screwing up orders or not finding people or missing some things due to intense volume.  They handled it like pros. 

Cup of Joe to go with your GI Joe NYCC  :foryou: makes perfect sense!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM