• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Thread that No One Demanded: Buzzetta at NYCC 2018
4 4

178 posts in this topic

As we were leaving on Sunday... this guy was standing on top of the Rick-Mobile saying very "Rick" like things into the bullhorn.  Many things were not appropriate for the kids so he would kind of 'whisper" into the bullhorn in so much as one can... kind of 'whoa' did he really say that things with all the little kids around. 

He was reciting the Get Schwifty lyrics... couple of parents looked upset. 

IMG_6330.JPG

Members of Florida Georgia Line walking back to Penn Station... Or... at least they thought they were the members of Florida Georgia Line... 

IMG_6182.JPG

Edited by Buzzetta

First the piece that made me smile the most

Picked it up from Beschara: 

I was just in NJ for the Gallo's Comic Art Con and this was not in his binders.  As soon as I saw it... I talked it over with a friend of mine who I was with and decided to take it with no offer.  It was in the binder at a VERY good price. Beschara only said, "At least I know it is going to a real collector."

In this earlier issue of GI Joe, Zartan and the Dreadnoks are featured with their usual bickering amongst themselves.  Zartan decides to take matters into his own hands and morphs / disguises himself as Hawk to walk onto McGwire Air Force base to see if this is where GI Joe is hiding out.  Upon purchasing it I decided to get Larry Hama to autograph it on the back.  This one is going straight to the GI Joe Art Binder. 

@STORMSHADOW_80

IMG_6264.JPG

IMG_6246.JPG

4 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

The Joes! :cloud9:

I still need to get a nice Storm Shadow complete someday. Awesome haul and great pics. Thanks for sharing @Buzzetta

Stormshadow was the first purchase I made at the con on Thursday... I knew what they were trading for on eBay and it is hard to find one that meets my requirements... 

• White body with decent paint apps 
  • Cannot have any broken thumbs or crotch
  • Cannot have any broken accessories (that unbroken bow is tough)
  • Cannot have any cracks in the elbows
  • tight joints 

He had it listed at $60 with the gray filecard... I offered $50 and he accepted... To those that do not follow this stuff... there was another dealer in the room with a Storm Shadow that was yellowed and incomplete without the bow and had a loose knee.  That guy wanted $80.  That piece sold by the end of the show.  Yeah... I was good for $50 on that figure.   I had sold off almost all of my GI Joes years ago to help pay off my student loan.  I want some of my GI Joes back.  

56073573491__9793DF40-DC4E-4E4E-B99B-7DB0FE0E29A0.JPG

56073575563__12109207-689C-4411-93F3-7EE640722F0F.JPG