• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade Is In; Betty and Veronica 41
1 1

17 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, misterrmystery said:

I'll jump on the bandwagon with a 5.0 Rick. Waviness on back cover and light staining, possibly foxing at top?

Honestly, and I always hate to say it, it looks like a decent chance of trimming on one or more edges. Hoping it's just the scans.

@Ricksneatstuff, what say you?

Well, folks, here is the result. I was 5.0 for sure. So much for the CGC loose period. This book is a very nice 4.5 in hand then.

Graders Notes:

light staining to cover
light tears to cover
moderate creasing to cover
moderate spine stress lines to cover

fc.jpg

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

15 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Well, folks, here is the result. I was 5.0 for sure. So much for the CGC loose period. This book is a very nice 4.5 in hand then.

I would say, if anything, that top left spine, basically the blue part of the spine, is what holds it back. Not that I haven't seen 5s like that before though (shrug)

On 10/12/2018 at 11:19 AM, Foley said:

The characters named Archie, Jughead, Betty, and Veronica didn't give it away? :baiting:

Yeah that's what gave it away... But about four episodes in! I never read Archie or known anything much about him so I ordered a book from eBay today for a look... This nice #78 from 1962 :)

s-l1600.jpg