• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OAF-Con 2019, for GA, an interesting alternative to NYCC...

219 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

I was standing in front of Richard when you took his photo @Cat-Man_America!  Great selection of GA books at this show, and Bedrock always brings out the monsters.  I had a good time, and spent good money. (thumbsu 

:hi:Nice to meet you there,  We met at Richard's booth.  Great show as it is every year.

6 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

IMG_2474_zpsjfntxbay.jpg

Can I ask... who is this guy? I kept running into him at Baltimore and it seemed like every dealer knew him, but I had no idea who he was. He seemed like either a former dealer, or a dealer who didnt run a booth at cons but made the rounds to all the big cons (and apparently the small ones too based on the pictures here!) 

so who is he? 

6 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Oh, BTW, I did mention a painting earlier, right?

Well, after negotiations with the former owner at the OAF-Con I'm now the proud new owner of another original George Rozen painting,

this Shadow pulp cover from June 1, 1942... :whee:

4955b91d-0760-4f25-a15e-2fab5a0ca73a_zps

This goes well with my other Shadow painting, that one coincidentally for the June 15, 1942 cover!  (thumbsu

Now THAT is a "pick-up"!!! Wow, Cat congrats!

Thanks for the report. Good to see Bud Plant there. One of the best guys out there to box dive through!

Edited by Robot Man

1 hour ago, miraclemet said:

Can I ask... who is this guy? I kept running into him at Baltimore and it seemed like every dealer knew him, but I had no idea who he was. He seemed like either a former dealer, or a dealer who didnt run a booth at cons but made the rounds to all the big cons (and apparently the small ones too based on the pictures here!) 

so who is he? 

Mike Carbano (Carbo). Surprised he wasn't at NYCC instead.

12 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Mike Carbano (Carbo). Surprised he wasn't at NYCC instead.

Mike knows where the goods are at ……….. my question is where are all the cosplay hotties ? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Most of the cosplayers were standing around the MANNUP tables.  :wink:  Alas, they kept me too busy to photograph.  You'll just have to use your imagination this year... :sorry:

OTOH, a dwarf assistant working for MANNUP captured this image of a well known member of the community who stood tall like the Colossus of Rhodes over all he surveyed! Even the Guardians of The Galaxy were in awe...

cd7c7d7b-d2e0-41e4-a280-d97044a1e91a_zps

Rumor has it that this recognizable gentleman and recent Texas resident had a very good show.  Many raw books were dispatched for final entombment under his mighty gaze.  'Nuff said.

58 minutes ago, Foolkiller said:

Pretty sure he's still banned.

You may be right.  It was a serious allegation, but the evidence of his involvement was sketchy.  Without dredging up the old story, let's just say opinions on his reputation are mixed.

1 minute ago, Point Five said:

This show sounds great! Just move it to NYC and I'm all over it.

That kinda defeats the purpose since so much of the great material that shows up here is brought in by Oklahoma collectors and dealers.

Besides, the Embassy Suites convention center ...while modest in size... is so much more comfortable than the Javitt's Center bunker.  Great restaurants nearby too! 

Waaaaay doggies. Y'all come down now, ya hear! (thumbsu