• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OAF-Con 2019, for GA, an interesting alternative to NYCC...

219 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, telerites said:

For some reason I thought it was later.  So the same weekend as OU-Texas.  @MrBedrock straight-up for a diet coke - Sooners roll.

Hook 'em. Done!

16 hours ago, telerites said:

For some reason I thought it was later.  So the same weekend as OU-Texas.  @MrBedrock straight-up for a diet coke - Sooners roll.

Sooners will be @Kansas next weekend. The Red River Shoot-out is the following weekend. Thank god, I didn't want to deal with a home game during OAF or have to drive near Dallas if it was the Texas game.

On 10/9/2018 at 6:07 PM, MrBedrock said:

Depends on how you define "golden age comic convention". At 55, I was one of the youngest in attendance at OAF.

heh, Richard is about to get bumped up a notch as I will be youngest person I know going to OAF (and I"m not THAT much younger but I can say that I'm in my 40's and not from the 40's like the median attendee) 

1 hour ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

heh, Richard is about to get bumped up a notch as I will be youngest person I know going to OAF (and I"m not THAT much younger but I can say that I'm in my 40's and not from the 40's like the median attendee

Ohhh, that’s cold.  ...Hey, I resemble that remark (a joke that may date back to The Three Stooges)!  :kidaround:

I am planning to bring pulps and old paper collectibles this time. If anyone would like me to bring any particular comics or something else specific please let me know.

On 9/29/2019 at 7:36 PM, MrBedrock said:

I am planning to bring pulps and old paper collectibles this time. If anyone would like me to bring any particular comics or something else specific please let me know.

You know my tastes.  Tight budget notwithstanding, any pulps/comics you bring I'll gladly thumb through.  (thumbsu

On 9/29/2019 at 7:36 PM, MrBedrock said:

Well damn, now I'm especially sad I'm missing it this year.

55 minutes ago, telerites said:

You would really like it.  Hope to see you there one day.  

He needs to commit pretty soon.  

MYNAMEISLEGION seemed to think the OAFcon was headed towards being run by a skeleton crew.

Edited by Cat-Man_America

10 minutes ago, Cat-Man_America said:

MYNAMEISLEGION seemed to think the OAFcon was headed towards being run by a skeleton crew.

Well that's just bone-headed.

39 minutes ago, Cat-Man_America said:

He needs to commit pretty soon.  

I wonder if they do more volunteers.  I could do it a bit each day.  I'll email Bart.