• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OAF-Con 2019, for GA, an interesting alternative to NYCC...

219 posts in this topic

Just now, entalmighty1 said:

Just too close to Baltimore this year Jeff.  First time I'm going to the big show, and I want to make sure my pockets are full. :) 

Next year perhaps!

I understand.  Baltimore and NYCC are the two outside of Comic-Con I hope to make one year.  I did Chicago once and it was great.  I would also love to do a big show in London and one of the big Canadian shows.  Expensive but a few more years and I can get senior discount on airfare lol 

1 minute ago, telerites said:

I understand.  Baltimore and NYCC are the two outside of Comic-Con I hope to make one year.  I did Chicago once and it was great.  I would also love to do a big show in London and one of the big Canadian shows.  Expensive but a few more years and I can get senior discount on airfare lol 

If these prices trend the way they have for another couple of years, I won't have to worry about taking any money to the show.  I can just go and look. :sumo: 

On 9/29/2019 at 7:36 PM, MrBedrock said:

I am planning to bring pulps and old paper collectibles this time. If anyone would like me to bring any particular comics or something else specific please let me know.

Bring the Comic Art! 

We will have art and fanzines, and some really obscure magazines in addition to comics - 40 boxes of all sorts of Weird Paper.

On 9/29/2019 at 6:36 PM, MrBedrock said:

I am planning to bring pulps and old paper collectibles this time. If anyone would like me to bring any particular comics or something else specific please let me know.

Timelys, high grade Ducks, mid grade  to high grade FC Ducks at low prices. :foryou: High grade (1964)  Daredevil #2

Edited by Badger

5 minutes ago, Badger said:
On 9/29/2019 at 7:36 PM, MrBedrock said:

Timelys, high grade Ducks, mid grade  to high grade FC Ducks at low prices. :foryou: High grade (1964)  Daredevil #2

If any of those walk into the shop between now and tomorrow when I hit the road I will pack 'em and bring 'em,

47 minutes ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

Dude- it’s Rabbit season as of yesterday in OK. It’s not Duck season for 2 more weeks :rulez:

I think in some parts of southeastern Oklahoma, it's hunting season year round.  Weyerhaeuser actually gives a day off for the first day of deer season (at least they used to - for rifle).  When I would go to that area before I retired (worked for the state), so many scenic areas but I think there are some hidden bodies in all the forest/trees.

Of course, marijuana is big time there and now that we're legal for medical hashish, some of the growers are prospering.  When I looked at the list of growers, I am amazed - 182 pages of legal growers with 25 per page.

And we think comics are where the money is lol  

On 9/29/2019 at 5:36 PM, MrBedrock said:

If you have any More Fun issues with Spectre covers, I'd be interested. 

1 minute ago, drwente said:

If you have any More Fun issues with Spectre covers, I'd be interested. 

None at this time. Sorry.

22 hours ago, drwente said:

It's my first time to this Con.  I'm driving out from Phoenix with my very tolerant wife.  I look forward to meeting everyone.

BTW, my name is Don. 

Great!  Have a safe trip and hopefully I will meet you there.