• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OAF-Con 2019, for GA, an interesting alternative to NYCC...

219 posts in this topic

On 10/6/2019 at 2:13 PM, Cat-Man_America said:

7B394F57-6371-444F-A6E6-505D1436CC11_zps

And still, more to come!!!

Michelle Nolan in the background - she always attends - she and Bud Plant are some of the best scourers and box divers for eclectic material I have ever seen.  I would always gobble up her articles in CBM, CBG and elsewhere.  

8 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

I felt naked on Sunday.

5 minutes ago, comicjack said:

Oh no 

I think you meant, Oh no for the attendees :sick:

The memory of pic of the long, tall Texan indoctrinating a comic to the status of "bathroom book" shall forever haunt me. 

I should also add in the same Seinfeld vein - And yet I can't look away

Edited by telerites

Just now, telerites said:

I think you meant, Oh no for the attendees :sick:

The memory of pic of the long, tall Texan indoctrinating a comic to the status of "bathroom book" shall forever haunt me. 

but he always has a smile lol

2 hours ago, telerites said:

Michelle Nolan in the background - she always attends - she and Bud Plant are some of the best scourers and box divers for eclectic material I have ever seen.  I would always gobble up her articles in CBM, CBG and elsewhere.  

Michelle was definitely at the show, but that long haired person in the background to the far left is Kent Cordray, an Oklahoma old-timer.

1 hour ago, telerites said:
2 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

Michelle was definitely at the show, but that long haired person in the background to the far left is Kent Cordray, an Oklahoma old-timer.

Ah, thanks.  I saw Michelle but did not get a chance to say hi.  

On Sunday around 1:30 she started telling me a story about her son's college baseball career. Fortunately I woke up around 4:00, just as she got to the punchline.

3 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

While OAF doesn’t have an official cosplay track, Kent should get an award for best Michelle Nolan impersonation.  

Classic!  :headbang:

On 10/6/2019 at 2:22 PM, Cat-Man_America said:

C6ABB626-3A0E-4375-A9E4-073B509AAB15_zps

I think you caught me there while I was watching the Bears score 21 straight points against my beloved yet frequently f e c kless Raiders. I usually look a little more happy than that.

Edited by Weird Paper

21 hours ago, telerites said:

I am so sorry I had to miss so much of the show.  I came early Saturday morning and did see @MrBedrock and @Weird Paper and intended to go back to their booths to look more closely but unfortunately I had to leave less than an hour after I arrived.  Not to bore with details but I take care of my parents - mom is in her 80s and my dad in his 90s.  My mom has among other issues, some major anxiety and onset of Alzheimer's.  She called and was having some issues so I came back to OKC to check on her.  

Apologies to Richard and Roger and I did enjoy our brief visits.  And sorry I missed meeting Art @mysterio in person - we've conversed here and really wanted to say hi.  @Cat-Man_America I saw you there and was going to stop and say hi but you had some folks gathered around so did not get a chance.

I had hoped to return on Sunday but I dropped my parents off at church and after they were done, it would have been mid after before I got there so decided it was not worth it. 

I left empty-handed.  :sorry:

Richard - I hope you saved the coke bottles I gave after you drank the coke - Boomer Sooner.  I wouldn't touch a real bet on the game Saturday.  My heart says OU but I fear our defense is still porous as a sponge.  

No apologies necessary. You did the right thing and your parents are fortunate to have your care. I lost my Dad at the beginning of this year largely to complications arising from Alzheimer's and I know how tough it can when that insidious disease takes hold.
I did wonder what became of you Saturday, but your priorities are in the right place, without question.

10 minutes ago, Weird Paper said:

I think you caught me there while I was watching the Bears score 21 straight points against my beloved yet frequently f e c kless Raiders. I usually look a little more happy than that.

How about that, the automatic censor doesn't like the word f e c k l e s s.  It kept changing it to less. 

11 minutes ago, Weird Paper said:
23 minutes ago, Weird Paper said:

How about that, the automatic censor doesn't like the word f e c k l e s s.  It kept changing it to less. 

Lame f e c k ing censor.

53 minutes ago, Weird Paper said:

No apologies necessary. You did the right thing and your parents are fortunate to have your care. I lost my Dad at the beginning of this year largely to complications arising from Alzheimer's and I know how tough it can when that insidious disease takes hold.
I did wonder what became of you Saturday, but your priorities are in the right place, without question.

You know, Roger, it is a terrible disease.  Her sister is 94 (12 years older) and she is really afflicted. but her noticeable symptoms did not start less than two years ago.   I noticed things going on with my mom last summer and it has progressed.  She also has terrible afib which doesn't help.  My brother is a doctor but does not live here locally.  He is going to try and convince her to see a neurologist but she has so far with my pleadings does not accept there are things going on.   

It is really is so sad to watch.  She was always so strong and to see her now is depressing.  It can't be stopped and the meds may slow it down if you get on them early enough which is why I have tried to convince her to go see someone.  I am careful not to use the word Alzheimer's.  And there is no consistency to it.  Some days are okay but some are really bad.  She called me one evening saying dad was trying to poison her.  :( 

Just now, Badger said:

Saturday around 10:54 am.

Yep - I was still there.  I can't tell for sure but my last stop was at Eric Groves' table across from Mr. B.  I got the call from my mom right before 11 so the timing would be right.   

Thanks and I hope your camera is still functioning after you captured my ugliness.  

30 minutes ago, telerites said:

You know, Roger, it is a terrible disease.  Her sister is 94 (12 years older) and she is really afflicted. but her noticeable symptoms did not start less than two years ago.   I noticed things going on with my mom last summer and it has progressed.  She also has terrible afib which doesn't help.  My brother is a doctor but does not live here locally.  He is going to try and convince her to see a neurologist but she has so far with my pleadings does not accept there are things going on.   

It is really is so sad to watch.  She was always so strong and to see her now is depressing.  It can't be stopped and the meds may slow it down if you get on them early enough which is why I have tried to convince her to go see someone.  I am careful not to use the word Alzheimer's.  And there is no consistency to it.  Some days are okay but some are really bad.  She called me one evening saying dad was trying to poison her.  :( 

Really sorry this is happening to your mom, you, and your family. I left early on Saturday to help my mom move into a retirement home in OKC. Today, I found out my mother-in-law fell in the shower last night and broke her leg. Its being set right now. Once parents hit a certain age its always one thing or another. We love them though. :luhv: