• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OAF-Con 2019, for GA, an interesting alternative to NYCC...

219 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

Really sorry this is happening to your mom, you, and your family. I left early on Saturday to help my mom move into a retirement home in OKC. Today, I found out my mother-in-law fell in the shower last night and broke her leg. Its being set right now. Once parents hit a certain age its always one thing or another. We love them though. :luhv:

I hate that this thread had turned into a depressing one and I somewhat regret bringing it up other than letting a few people know why I wasn't around.  

But I do want to tell you how I  feel for you.  It is overwhelming for sure to see loved become feeble.  If you need anything, I am in OKC too, just shoot me a PM.  Take care and best wishes to you and your family.

We need to start an "It's not too early to think OAFCON 2020" thread and move into some happier posts.:smile:

15 minutes ago, telerites said:

I hate that this thread had turned into a depressing one and I somewhat regret bringing it up other than letting a few people know why I wasn't around.  

But I do want to tell you how I  feel for you.  It is overwhelming for sure to see loved become feeble.  If you need anything, I am in OKC too, just shoot me a PM.  Take care and best wishes to you and your family.

We need to start an "It's not too early to think OAFCON 2020" thread and move into some happier posts.:smile:

Thank you my friend and its never to early to start talking about "next year's: OAFCON!:banana:

3 minutes ago, Yellow Kid said:

Next year will be OAFcon's 50th anniversary and I have been told that they are going to go all out to make it a special event.    

Yes. Next year the name badges won't be those " Hello. My Name Is... " stickers. 

2 hours ago, Yellow Kid said:

Next year will be OAFcon's 50th anniversary and I have been told that they are going to go all out to make it a special event.    

If it's still up against NYCC next year my suggestion would be "OAFcon for Precedent 2020"

Another 50th Anniversary slogan idea: "OAFcon 2020 ...the convention with perfect vision."

Think I'll pitch these to Bart.  Any other ideas? :popcorn:

1 hour ago, Mmehdy said:

It might do better if not up against NYCC...how was attendance this year?

The attendance seemed much stronger than in years past. There were new people popping in even late on Sunday. I had a $220 Big Little Book sale during breakdown to a lady who had just gotten there.

32 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

The attendance seemed much stronger than in years past. There were new people popping in even late on Sunday. I had a $220 Big Little Book sale during breakdown to a lady who had just gotten there.

Glad to hear this. I love Big Little books but I only have so much money. Its good to see some sell. :) 

Oh yeah, they still sell. Mostly certain characters if priced right or high grade.

I still buy scarcer ones if nice shape and priced right. Fast Action Story ones have a lot of real cool titles and don't surface in good shape very often. I got these two today as a matter of fact.

blbdisneyfastaction.jpg

22 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Oh yeah, they still sell. Mostly certain characters if priced right or high grade.

I still buy scarcer ones if nice shape and priced right. Fast Action Story ones have a lot of real cool titles and don't surface in good shape very often. I got these two today as a matter of fact.

blbdisneyfastaction.jpg

Then you need to make it to OAFcon! Bedrock had, by far, the most Big Little books but there were a few others around the room. :)

Edited by Badger

23 hours ago, Robot Man said:

blbdisneyfastaction.jpg

The Fast Actions are cool and definitely tougher. Those two are great!

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Then you need to make it to OAFcon! Bedrock had, by far, the most Big Little books but there were a few others around the room. :)

I would like to go to OAFcon. Looks like a fun show. I don't really "collect" BLBs, more like "accumulate" them. I rarely pay much more than maybe $25 each in nice shape. So, I probably wouldn't be of much help to most of those dealers...:roflmao:

I've got a pretty good collection of them. When you've been scrounging as long as I have, they turn up.

18 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I would like to go to OAFcon. Looks like a fun show. I don't really "collect" BLBs, more like "accumulate" them. I rarely pay much more than maybe $25 each in nice shape. So, I probably wouldn't be of much help to most of those dealers...:roflmao:

I've got a pretty good collection of them. When you've been scrounging as long as I have, they turn up.

I was selling them for half price and had very few priced over $40. The lady that spent $220 probably got 25-30 books. She was happy. I was happy.

14 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Probably lessor titles and lower grade? 

Or not. I guess it depends on perspective.