• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

10c Liquidation Sale; <CLOSED>
1 1

61 posts in this topic

I have been buying too many lots of books lately. I have accumulated a nice stack of 10 cent books (40+ issues) that I don't think I will be keeping, and I need to move them off to new homes. Some of these may creep into Silver Age territory, but all will have 10 cent covers. Most of these will be one the lower grade end of the spectrum, but some are nicer. A few of these have been listed here before, and I will be lowering prices pretty significantly on these. I am looking to move these, so reasonable offers are certainly welcome, though I will be more interested in working on price if the items have been listed for a while without luck, and/or multiple books are involved. I am planning a front cover pic, and a back cover pic of each. I might throw in more for higher priced books, or books that have a defect that needs highlighting. However, I am happy to upload as many pics as needed to get these sold, so just ask if you need more :)

Shipping will be at the cost of the buyer. For US shipments, I typically go USPS 1st class in a bubble mailer starting at $4.50. Priority also available. I will ship outside the US. Not trying to make any money on shipping, so I am happy to work with you, but 100% of the cost will be on you.

PayPal is easiest, but I'll take a check or MO if that's what you want.

I'll accept returns, but shipping is on the buyer unless I made an error in the listing.

First “I’ll take it” in the thread wins, and those would trump any ongoing PM negotiations.

No buyers from the bad lists.

Edited by elibowman

First up is a copy of Adventures Into the Unknown #30. This one is in 2.0 (Good) condition, with some tanning, a major crunch to the back cover, and some paper missing from back cover/spine/last page (affects art and story a bit). 

$20 NOW $18  NOW $15! FINAL OFFER = $11

AITU 30 Front.JPG

AITU 30 Rear.JPG

AITU 30 Spine.JPG

Edited by elibowman

Crime SuspenStories #26 in 1.8 (Good-). Cover has some splitting, but still attached (not very firm). Some discoloration at staples, and some tanning/chipping. Main part of the cover is much nicer than the grade (just like #21). 

$35 NOW $31 NOW $27 FINAL OFFER = $25

CSS 26 Front.JPG

CSS 26 Rear.JPG

Edited by elibowman

Eerie #10 by Avon. I am calling this one 1.0, but please look at pics, and know that there is a piece missing from the bottom left of the FC, and there are two significant pieces missing from the interior. All is attached and firm otherwise. 

$50 NOW $45  SOLD!

E 10 Front.JPG

E 10 Rear.JPG

E 10 In.JPG

E 10 In2.JPG

Edited by elibowman

The next two will be sold as a pair if at all possible. Please feel free to make an offer on splitting them up, but it's only a two issue run, so keeping them together just makes sense. Unfortunately, they differ in grade quite a bit. 

Explorer Joe #1 (Ziff Davis, and a Saunders painted cover). This one is really nice. I am going with 7.0 (F/VF). It could benefit from a press, but the colors are great, and the book is tight, and flat. 

Explorer Joe #2 (again, a Saunders painted cover). I am going with 3.0 (G/VG) on this one. Overall wear, and a couple small pieces from the cover.

$155 for the set SOLD!

EJ 1 Front.JPG

EJ 1 Front2.JPG

EJ 1 Front3.JPG

EJ 1 Rear.JPG

EJ 2 Front.JPG

EJ 2 Rear.JPG

Edited by elibowman

9 minutes ago, elibowman said:

The next two will be sold as a pair if at all possible. Please feel free to make an offer on splitting them up, but it's only a two issue run, so keeping them together just makes sense. Unfortunately, they differ in grade quite a bit. 

Explorer Joe #1 (Ziff Davis, and a Saunders painted cover). This one is really nice. I am going with 7.0 (F/VF). It could benefit from a press, but the colors are great, and the book is tight, and flat. 

Explorer Joe #2 (again, a Saunders painted cover). I am going with 3.0 (G/VG) on this one. Overall wear, and a couple small pieces from the cover.

$155 for the set

EJ 1 Front.JPG

EJ 1 Front2.JPG

EJ 1 Front3.JPG

EJ 1 Rear.JPG

EJ 2 Front.JPG

EJ 2 Rear.JPG

:takeit:

Next up is Fightin' Marines #6 (St. John, 1952). This one has a Matt Baker Canteen Kate story. Super nice book with one inexplicable issue. A previous owner stitched laces through the spine. This WAS NOT necessary. Everything appears to be attached and secure. This guy did this to many of his books, and a local dealer ended up with a stack of them. I bought this one because I just don't see this issue around here. Without the lacing, it appears to be no worse than 5.0, and quite possibly better. The cover is flat and nice with only some light creasing on the bottom front right corner. I think the lacing drops this to 2.0 - 2.5 (???), but your mileage may vary. I personally find this MUCH less of a problem than three ring binder hole punches (which can get 3.0 from CGC, unless I am mistaken), but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It appears you could easily remove the lacing, but you would have a bunch of tiny holes through the book. I think this is better. Only five of these on the census.

Was $55, NOW $49 I realize this is a tough one. It's really a nice book aside from the weird stitching, and very tough to find. MAKE AN OFFER.

FM 6 Front.JPG

FM 6 Rear.JPG

FM 6 Front2.JPG

FM 6 Spine.JPG

FM 6 Front5.JPG

Edited by elibowman

Four Color Series 1 #8 (1940). D. Tracy book, with all pages present and attached, but the cover is getting loose. Pages are tanning, and some flaking too. I am going to call it 1.8 (Good-). I listed this one previously as a 2.0, but I just don't like the flaking on some of the pages. The bodies of the pages are still good, but the edges are certainly showing their 78 years of age. 

I previously asked for $150 on this book, but I am going to slash that. $75 will take it. 

Now $65 NOW $50 FINAL OFFER = $40

FC 8 Front.JPG

FC 8 Front2.JPG

FC 8 Rear.JPG

FC 8 Rear2.JPG

Edited by elibowman

Funny Tunes #1 (Avon, 1952). This one is 2.0 (Good) with an extra staple added at the bottom. I think the original pulled through, but the new one is holding well. Top staple solid inside and out. Big store stamp on both front, and back covers, and one inside.

Was $15, now $12 NOW $10 for an Avon #1 

FT 1 Front.JPG

FT 1 Rear.JPG

Edited by elibowman