• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

10c Liquidation Sale; <CLOSED>
1 1

61 posts in this topic

Secret Hearts #2 (1949, DC). Early issue of a long running romance title. Only two copies on the census, I believe. This one is 4.0 (VG) with general wear. Please see the creasing visible in the pics. All there, and attached nicely.

Was $60, now $50 NOW $45!  FINAL OFFER = $40

SH 2 Front.JPG

SH 2 Rear.JPG

Edited by elibowman

Slick Chick Comics #1 from Leader (1947). "L.B." written lightly in pencil at the top FC. Spine has some issues, with a couple small pieces missing. Lingerie panel, and other teenage hijinx. CF detached, and a random minor tear to a couple interior margins. Nice, but it has it's issues. 2.5 (maybe 3.0?). 

Listed previously at $90, but I will take $70.FINAL OFFER = $60

SCC 1 Front.JPG

SCC 1 Front2.JPG

SCC 1 In.JPG

SCC 1 Rear.JPG

Edited by elibowman

Last one for now. Strange Journey #4 (1958, Farrell). This one looks like 4.0 or 4.5.......until you get to the bottom edge. Chew kills this. I am saying 1.5 (?) because it goes all the way through. Too bad, because I really like this one. Only two copies on the census, I believe. 

Was $18 NOW $15

SJ 4 Front.JPG

SJ 4 Rear.JPG

Edited by elibowman

On 10/10/2018 at 3:19 AM, elibowman said:

Eerie #10 by Avon. I am calling this one 1.0, but please look at pics, and know that there is a piece missing from the bottom left of the FC, and there are two significant pieces missing from the interior. All is attached and firm otherwise. 

$50 NOW $45

E 10 Front.JPG

E 10 Rear.JPG

E 10 In.JPG

E 10 In2.JPG

On 10/10/2018 at 3:19 AM, elibowman said:

Eerie #10 by Avon. I am calling this one 1.0, but please look at pics, and know that there is a piece missing from the bottom left of the FC, and there are two significant pieces missing from the interior. All is attached and firm otherwise. 

$50 NOW $45

E 10 Front.JPG

E 10 Rear.JPG

E 10 In.JPG

E 10 In2.JPG

:takeit:

I have a few minutes, so here are a couple more books.

My Great Love #1 (Fox, 1949). I had this one at 5.0. I posted it in the Please Grade My... forum and got a 4.0-4.5 answer. I still think this is nicer, so I am going to stick with 5.0, but feel free to make your mind up for yourself. The big issue is the CF detached at top staple. Otherwise, there are no major defects. There is a slight spine roll, "SW" in pencil on cover. But, great color, and very clean. Sleazy Fox romance at it's best.

Was $245, now $225  NOW $205!  FINAL OFFER = $195

MGL 1 Front.JPG

MGL 1 Front6.JPG

MGL 1 In.JPG

MGL 1 Rear.JPG

MGL 1 Front2.JPG

MGL 1 Front3.JPG

MGL 1 Front4.JPG

MGL 1 Front5.JPG

Edited by elibowman

Super Comics #16 (1939!!!). D. Tracy and Terry and the Pirates. Census holds precisely two copies. Pretty low grade. Cover and 1st wrap detached. CF present, but barely attached and worn on outer edge. Spine roll. Cover and pages tanning with minor flaking. Some small pencil on the cover, and an name written in margin on first page. Not much in the way tearing, but still pretty low grade. 1.5? 

Was $38, now $33 NOW $28!  FINAL OFFER = $25

SC 16 Front.JPG

SC 16 Front3.JPG

SC 16 Front4.JPG

SC 16 Front5.JPG

SC 16 In.JPG

SC 16 In2.JPG

SC 16 Rear.JPG

SC 16 Front2.JPG

Edited by elibowman

Super Comics #38 from 1941. More D. Tracy, along with Terry and the Pirates, and other stories. Pretty significant spine roll. Cover is fairly well attached, and overall paper quality (between both cover and pages) is better than the previous book. Foreign substance on the upper spine. Still shows some wear, but better. Anyone know who the babe in the red dress from the Jim Ellis story is? I will call this one 2.5, though I wanted to say 3.0 on first review. Only 5 of these on the census. 

Was $30, now $25 NOW $21! FINAL OFFER = $15

SC 38 Front.JPG

SC 38 Front2.JPG

SC 38 Front3.JPG

SC 38 Front4.JPG

SC 38 Front5.JPG

SC 38 In2.JPG

SC 38 Rear.JPG

SC 38 Rear2.JPG

Edited by elibowman

True Secrets #9 (Atlas, 1951). Structurally, this book is pretty solid. No major tears, or even much creasing. But, the white areas of the cover (front and back) have seen better days. I can't really tell if it's foxing or color transfer or soiling or some combination. But, it's pretty significant. The back is much worse than the front. I am going to call it 2.5, but structurally, I would have called it 4.0 or 4.5. Interior pages are in decent shape. No copies on the census, unless I am doing it wrong.

Was $35, now $30 NOW $24!  FINAL OFFER = $20

TS 9 Front.JPG

TS 9 Rear.JPG

Edited by elibowman

Uncanny Tales #3 (Atlas, 1953). This one is 2.0 or 2.5. There is some tape on the bottom of the spine (2 or 2.5") that is covering a split. There is a spine split at the top (no tape) that is similar. Some tanning to the cover, but the pages are much better. The bulk of the cover has great color and reflectivity, and presents better than the grade (the ballad of the low grade peddler). There is a miscut you can see in the pics. This is one I wouldn't mind keeping, so forgive the aggressive pricing. 

$85 NOW $75!  FINAL OFFER = $69

UT 3 Front.JPG

UT 3 Front3.JPG

UT 3 Front4.JPG

UT 3 Front5.JPG

UT 3 Rear.JPG

UT 3 Front2.JPG

Edited by elibowman

On 10/11/2018 at 3:04 PM, elibowman said:

Mystery In Space #71. This one is slightly better than the #55, and I also recently upgraded. I am calling this one 5.0, with general wear (especially along edges). Still a really nice book. Sorry about the shadows in the pics. Trying to get as much natural light as I can for better viewing. Let me know if I need to try again.

Was $16 NOW $12!

MIS 71 Front.JPG

MIS 71 Rear.JPG

On 10/10/2018 at 10:16 AM, elibowman said:

Love At First Sight #37 (1955, Ace). This one is 4.5 (VG+). I want to call it 5.0 because it's overall appeal is so nice, but there is enough wear to back me off of that. No surprises here...see the pics. 

Was $28, now $23 NOW $19!

LAFS 37 Front.JPG

LAFS 37 Rear.JPG