• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newton Rings
15 15

676 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

True. Almost looks as though it was bleached out.

I've ruled out the bloke third from left, back row

five-million-graders_lg.thumb.jpg.6449d3d2b8501bd5f4755e9ed8faad81.jpg

6 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I've ruled out the bloke third from left, back row

five-million-graders_lg.thumb.jpg.6449d3d2b8501bd5f4755e9ed8faad81.jpg

If that is all of them. By coloring and length , maybe 3.  far right stripes , front second from right in the wind breaker , and fourth from right in all black.

I hope we are all laughing at this amateur CSI  .. The CGC edition case of the lone hair. Breaker of Newton Rings. I know I am especially with this as it's not the best book to begin with , however It will not be as funny when someone really did just bleach their hair and it ends up next to your high grade high value book and bleaches out the color..

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Spelling

1 hour ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Purchased this one this week. I t showed up with a ton of this effect as well as a hair inside (a long hair) the inner well. The whole cover has the Newton ring effect with the exception of where the hair runs across the book. Would CGC do anything about this?

IMG_20190424_160038216~2.jpg

IMG_20190424_160307727~2.jpg

I just saw this it looks like a pen mark and I'm sure if you are ever going to sell it that this will factor into the price. (thumbsu

Just now, tv horror said:

I just saw this it looks like a pen mark and I'm sure if you are ever going to sell it that this will factor into the price. (thumbsu

I know it will factor, but I have gone over it and it is not a mark. It is definitely a hair. When the book moves in the inner well the hair moves independent of the book and well.  

14 minutes ago, WarZoneSpider said:

Hahaha I called customer service to let them know, but I doubt anything will come of it. Both my last submissions all came back with these damn things. Might be something that we have to live with if we want our books slabbed. 

No way. Email Brittany @bmcmanus@cgccomics.com. She'll take care of you.

No retreat. No surrender.