• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newton Rings
15 15

676 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, MBFan said:

More than anything else, they had to purge all of the negative comments. At the time that I first viewed the video, every single comment was bad for CGC.

Ya think they might actually look at those negative comments and conclude that they need to rid their slabs of this problem?

38 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

I hope this means the message was received, and change is on the way.  :wishluck:

They are probably just pushing it under the rug as always. We don't matter. No one besides Brittany has ever come into these forums and discussed these problems. They are cowards. Full of pride. Let's all sneak onto CGC property and replace their vehicles windshields with their own plastics. 

4 hours ago, Ride the Tiger said:

They are probably just pushing it under the rug as always. We don't matter. No one besides Brittany has ever come into these forums and discussed these problems. They are cowards. Full of pride. Let's all sneak onto CGC property and replace their vehicles windshields with their own plastics. 

In fairness to CGC and Brittany, criticisms haven’t been swept under the rug any more than the weak policy for addressing NR issues was done in a vacuum. 

7 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

In fairness to CGC and Brittany, criticisms haven’t been swept under the rug any more than the weak policy for addressing NR issues was done in a vacuum. 

Brittany seems to be the only visible CGC spokesperson who is actually concerned about customer dissatisfaction with unsightly Newton RIngs. It is sad that an employee cares more about doing the right thing than the owners and management of the company.

1 hour ago, MBFan said:

Brittany seems to be the only visible CGC spokesperson who is actually concerned about customer dissatisfaction with unsightly Newton RIngs. It is sad that an employee cares more about doing the right thing than the owners and management of the company.

She is the best:x

3 hours ago, MBFan said:

Absolutely.  Not a sweeping observation, but Brittany seems to be the only person at CGC demonstrating genuine concern over this issue.  She deserves appreciation for that.  :headbang:

Edited by Cat-Man_America

1 hour ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Absolutely.  Not a sweeping observation, but Brittany seems to be the only person at CGC demonstrating genuine concern over this issue.  She deserves appreciation for that.  :headbang:

Spot on. To be clear, I don't include her in any of my critical posts on the subject. She conducts herself with a rare warmth and professionalism which I suspect is why no one has a bad word to say about her. 

Since the holders are so F-ed, does anyone think there might be something to grading raw like Voldemort does?  I really like the registry and it is the primary reason I submit books to CGC.  If they would give me a grade and a comic id # for the registry, I wouldn't need that bulky/oily/garish "sleeve".

On 10/21/2019 at 7:07 PM, Yorick said:

Since the holders are so F-ed, does anyone think there might be something to grading raw like Voldemort does?  I really like the registry and it is the primary reason I submit books to CGC.  If they would give me a grade and a comic id # for the registry, I wouldn't need that bulky/oily/garish "sleeve".

I'd be all for that. Voldy raw books don't include a restoration check but the grades otherwise are supposed to be the same.

Things might be looking up. I got a box of 21 slabs back a few days ago & just finished going over them for defects (hey, I've been busy, you wanna fight about it?). They are all moderns in regular width slabs. One slab has a NR about 1/8" in diameter. Other than that, there were none. NRs, scuffs/scratches, scs...nothing.

Of course, I could've just got lucky. I'm still gunna hold my breath while I open my next returned submission.

On 10/26/2019 at 12:23 PM, Gaard said:

Things might be looking up. I got a box of 21 slabs back a few days ago & just finished going over them for defects (hey, I've been busy, you wanna fight about it?). They are all moderns in regular width slabs. One slab has a NR about 1/8" in diameter. Other than that, there were none. NRs, scuffs/scratches, scs...nothing.

Of course, I could've just got lucky. I'm still gunna hold my breath while I open my next returned submission.

Yes!

:flamed:

My LCS recently received 30 CGC submissions and didn't see any with Newton Rings while I was going through them but what I did notice is that all of them have loose inner holders now, I'm assuming this is done so that the 2 plastics don't touch each other and cause the effect?

Is this the solution now to have a loose inner sleeve?