• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman: Damned #1
1 1

12 posts in this topic

I am getting ready to submit my first ever comics for grading, Batman: Damned #1, both variants.  I have received the books from the seller and noticed that they are not the traditional size of normal comics.  Do I submit my books for grading as "comic" or "magazine"?

Update:  I answered my own question by surfing through the website.  It's considered a magazine.

Edited by chriswsmith

On 10/11/2018 at 3:12 AM, chriswsmith said:

I am getting ready to submit my first ever comics for grading, Batman: Damned #1, both variants.  I have received the books from the seller and noticed that they are not the traditional size of normal comics.  Do I submit my books for grading as "comic" or "magazine"?

Update:  I answered my own question by surfing through the website.  It's considered a magazine.

They get sub'd to CGC under Magazine standard.

9 minutes ago, Ron C. said:

Why not Magazine Modern (under $200)?

Standard just gets them done faster.    But sure, Magazine Modern would be fine.  It may take a while to get back, magazines take longer than comics.  I just went with standard because I wanted them fast and with all the signature fees and the like, purchase of book and grading costs, I had probably over $200 tied into each copy.  Just my personal preference.   

But then again, I'm thinking signature series costs----you're right.  The OP is thinking generic blue universal.  Modern magazine is obviously a better choice in this instance.

Edited by Rich_Henn

8 minutes ago, Rich_Henn said:

Standard just gets them done faster.    But sure, Magazine Modern would be fine.  It may take a while to get back, magazines take longer than comics.  I just went with standard because I wanted them fast and with all the signature fees and the like, purchase of book and grading costs, I had probably over $200 tied into each copy.  Just my personal preference.   

But then again, I'm thinking signature series costs----you're right.  The OP is thinking generic blue universal.  Modern magazine is obviously a better choice in this instance.

(thumbsu My last batch of 10 Magazine Moderns (Blue label) were Received 9/6 and shipped/safe 10/25, so not that bad of a TAT for magazines.

Edited by Ron C.

So....checking the status of my submission, I see that it is marked graded, but when I look at the Invoice all the fields are marked "na".  Should I be seeing any information here or is that the standard?  Also, does anyone know how long it takes to get the submissions back after grading?

screenshot.jpeg

On 11/15/2018 at 1:15 AM, chriswsmith said:

So....checking the status of my submission, I see that it is marked graded, but when I look at the Invoice all the fields are marked "na".  Should I be seeing any information here or is that the standard?  Also, does anyone know how long it takes to get the submissions back after grading?

screenshot.jpeg

Submitted my 4 for sig series at nycc in October. Got 2 back dec 6, other 2 dec 13.  Still waiting for my reg comic sig subs from terrificon

Edited by juniorMC
Additional statementA