• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I dont wanna be buried in a pet sematary.

50 posts in this topic

So this isn't Pet Cemetery 3.  Its a remake of the original.  From the trailer it looks exactly like the original.  What's the point then(shrug)?

Looks scary as hell...just like the original.  Or read the book (yes, I'm one of those Stephen King fans who prefer the book over the movies and will brag about it).

***IT was also a remake of the original but it looked nothing like the original...they improved on it

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss
IT

Yah know, I hear a lot of praise for the original movie, but I never liked it.  Thought it was a bit disappointing and played a like an R rated TV movie to me with everyone overacting. I remember rolling my eyes multiple times throughout the film. Let's hope this one is a little bit better.  

Edited by Brian48

Loved the original movie, over-acting and all! I drop quotes from it all the time - and NO ONE ever gets them! Doesn't stop me, however.

Play dead, Church...BE DEAD!

Some folk say he was half Micmac himself...

Christ on his throne, no! And who ever would?!?

It's thanksgiving day for cats.

The ground is SOUR!!

No fair!!

The original is a "good-bad" movie, i.e. a movie with a bizarre mix of markedly dumb elements that's mixed with markedly good elements.  In general I enjoyed it and look fondly upon it.  I also re-watched it at least half a dozen times on cable in the 1990s.  I also liked the Ramones title track enough to grab a copy that I listen to periodically.

Trailer was fine but nothing about it struck me as clearly better.  I like John Lithgow, but not as much as Fred Gwynne.  The scene with the emaciated sister ALWAYS creeped me out no matter how many times I saw it, and the final scene where he's kissing his mutilated wife just seemed so absurd that it was funny.  :grin:

pet-sematary-kiss_orig.jpg

Here's one thing they should fix from the original.  They really should be more graphic with Gage.  The scalpel scene was the one thing that made me cringe.  Everything else was "eh".

Plus they need to dirty him up.  That always bothered me.  He was too clean.

On 10/26/2018 at 1:55 PM, RedRaven said:
On 10/11/2018 at 12:41 PM, ExNihilo said:

Ironic this post should pop up now considering I just saw this on reddit yesterday.

Gonna be that guy...

That is not irony. That is coincidence.

I'm eternally amazed at how often I see even people with a Master's in English screw up using the word "ironic."  I learned my lesson after Alanis Morrisette repeatedly screw up irony in her song "Ironic."  Screwing up the usage of that word in a song named after the word is the epitome of irony.  :blush:

Oooooooo...

How did I miss this thread! :D

Yeah, very excited for this one, like It.

I live near an old farmer-family (Dodge?) cemetery in the woods, where they moved the bodies to the cemetery in town and folks started burying pets and stuff.

My cat used to hike to it all the time.  Creepy as hell.:eek:

Hope they get the New England accents right, "Aftah all, in New Hampshah, sometime dead 's beddah.":/

100395728_BunkerHillCemetary1.thumb.JPG.db52f634905b5c3ccb23bc12a80b6d90.JPG