• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 648 vs 650 - 1st Stealth Suit?

26 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, nikocb said:

Trying to wrap my head around this one.. Why is ASM 650 considered the "1st Appearance of Spidery Stealth Suit" when the suit is featured on the Caselli cover for 648?

There's a whole thread on here somewhere about characters making their first appearance on the cover of a book that they aren't featured in. Marvel's Ronin immediately comes to mind. 

3 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

There's a whole thread on here somewhere about characters making their first appearance on the cover of a book that they aren't featured in. Marvel's Ronin immediately comes to mind. 

I had to check in 648 and now it's going to take a while to recover from Ramos art.

4 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

What about Bishop? hm

13 hours ago, nikocb said:

Trying to wrap my head around this one.. Why is ASM 650 considered the "1st Appearance of Spidery Stealth Suit" when the suit is featured on the Caselli cover for 648?

Clearly, they got it wrong . . . . again.(shrug)

Stealth Suit is highlighted in YELLOW on the cover.  Now it's up the comic community to take it from here. (Cameo, 1st Appearance, Pre-dates, etc....)  

Amazing Spider-Man #648 (Regular Cover) 

NOTE: Stealth Suit also appears on the Stefano Caselli Variant Cover.  

Scan_20181005a_LI.thumb.jpg.ce1214f58effc19b17a1f712ea20fb46.jpg

Edited by Juggernaut

6 hours ago, Juggernaut said:

Stealth Suit is highlighted in YELLOW on the cover.  Now it's up the comic community to take it from here. (Cameo, 1st Appearance, Pre-dates, etc....)  

Serious question. Does anyone really care? Didn't Spidey have 3-4 different costumes during that time period? I seem to recall a white one and another metallic-looking one (not the Iron Spidey).

3 hours ago, KEY ISSUES Comics said:

Serious question. Does anyone really care? Didn't Spidey have 3-4 different costumes during that time period? I seem to recall a white one and another metallic-looking one (not the Iron Spidey).

#650 is selling for $25-30 in high grade. Before the movie rumor it would sell for $15 if you could get a bite. Remember the last Spider-Man movie the Iron Spider Suit jumped.

There were a couple. The Future Foundation suit is the white one. Great cover on #658. Also have the MK II suit in between, #656.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

#650 is selling for $25-30 in high grade. Before the movie rumor it would sell for $15 if you could get a bite. Remember the last Spider-Man movie the Iron Spider Suit jumped.

There were a couple. The Future Foundation suit is the white one. Great cover on #658. Also have the MK II suit in between, #656.

for me, Future Foundation Spidey > Stealth Spidey

but yah I have no opinion on the 1st app or whatever, other than if/when I have one to sell then that's the better one.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Really? Good to know. I think I have about 5-6 copies kicking around. Thanks!

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:39 AM, Juggernaut said:

No one cares about when they appear on a cover if they're not in the story. Ronin appears on New Avengers 1 2nd print, 4 Variant, AND 7 regular. None of those matter vs the number 11. The market has spoken on 650.

4 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

No one cares about when they appear on a cover if they're not in the story. Ronin appears on New Avengers 1 2nd print, 4 Variant, AND 7 regular. None of those matter vs the number 11. The market has spoken on 650.

What about the 1st appearance of Red Hulk? Is it not officially issue #1, even though he's not inside the issue, just the cover? I happened to flip through a copy earlier today and I did not see a Red Hulk anywhere... Or did I miss the panel he's in?

Some of you need watch your tone and think before you speak. Someone asked a question and I answered it. That is all.

And to Hey Kids, Comics! your lack of knowledge and inexperience is showing. Please look up, google or research cover only 1st appearance and u will be surprised what you will find.