• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bagged comics...the funniest of ironies.

54 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Pete Marino said:

So, those bagged Superman books that had like a poster, a headband or whatever, and a bunch of other stuff, you want that all in the slab too?  That's insane.  The 90's got pretty crazy with what was inside the bag and not attached to the book at all.

I think this is 100% the right call, all sorts of stuff were inserted in polybags over the years, Some books would need a suitcase to slab.

If they can encase DC 100 page giants then there's room for a 90's book with trading card or bi-fold poster.  Not aware of the headband book....  

My point is- if you're messing with the book as it came from production, it should get a green label caveat.  In a hobby where people obsess over minute details in grade, I'm surprised this is controversial.  

21 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

71F8LHV9KoL.jpg

This one was inventive, if a somewhat pointless use of a polythene bag.

Now that is a great cover made all the greater for the printing on the bag.  I sure hope CGC notes it on the label as 1st force beam hole comic.  :headbang:

2 hours ago, s.krank said:

If they can encase DC 100 page giants then there's room for a 90's book with trading card or bi-fold poster.  Not aware of the headband book....  

My point is- if you're messing with the book as it came from production, it should get a green label caveat.  In a hobby where people obsess over minute details in grade, I'm surprised this is controversial.  

CGC grades comics though.  Not cards, posters or headbands.  They can't grade a comic without taking it out of the polybag.  Not sure if there is any company out there that grades articles of clothing.  Except I will say that a sneaker grading company would succeed in this day and age.

On 10/24/2018 at 8:18 AM, Ken Aldred said:

71F8LHV9KoL.jpg

This one was inventive, if a somewhat pointless use of a polythene bag.

This book should have come with condom inserts . . . :roflmao:

Edited by divad

On 11/8/2018 at 2:54 PM, DJ-SOMA said:

Could someone post a picture of what should be damaged?  Looking through the bag of all of my sealed X-cutioner's Song comics, and they all look normal?

It's going to be difficult to see the damage through the bag (and, hey, it's possible that there isn't any). But many times, in the instance of a trading card insert, there are going to be non-colorbreaking indents on the cover around the edges of wherever the card came to rest, especially if it was bagged ,boarded, and packed into a tight box for 20+ years. There can also be indents and marks from the process of the book being bagged, roller marks, etc. There's just a lot of stuff that can go wrong, and most of it you can't see until the bag is opened and the book is looked at from various angles under a good light.