• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Received" Status for comic

17 posts in this topic

I recently sent in a higher grade copy of ASM 300 to be pressed and graded. On the my submissions page, it shows "Received", but no link, or any other info other than a cert number. Is this normal? I didn't fast track anything, and the times I saw when I submitted, were about 3 months to get the grading and pressing done, if I remember correctly. I just wanted to make sure the "Received" status is normal. For some reason I my last shipment, I think when it said received, a link appeared for the comic. I may be wrong, or over thinking it, so my apologies if I am.

Thanks!

It takes time.  FYI, CGC went to two BIGGEST shows recently: Baltimore and NYCC. I am very sure that they have received about 5,000 plus comic books for grading/pressing/conserving/restoring before your book was submitted.

It takes patience.  I know I don't trust USPS.  Did you go to the front clerk for the receipt?  I always asked for the receipt so I could see the clerk scanning the bar code so the tracking number is in the system rather than seeing "Received" on the tracking eternity.  Some corrupt postal workers take advantage of them. I never dropped the packages off at USPS without the receipts.

Edited by JollyComics

1 hour ago, JollyComics said:

It takes time.  FYI, CGC went to two BIGGEST shows recently: Baltimore and NYCC. I am very sure that they have received about 5,000 plus comic books for grading/pressing/conserving/restoring before your book was submitted.

It takes patience.  I know I don't trust USPS.  Did you go to the front clerk for the receipt?  I always asked for the receipt so I could see the clerk scanning the bar code so the tracking number is in the system rather than seeing "Received" on the tracking eternity.  Some corrupt postal workers take advantage of them. I never dropped the packages off at USPS without the receipts.

Good advice !

1 hour ago, JollyComics said:

But in this case, the "Received" tracking OP is seeing is on the CGC submissions page which indicates that it has been received and entered into the system by CGC.  At this point, it isn't a case of the USPS losing a package.  Why it doesn't appear as delivered though on the USPS page is an oddity.

35 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

But in this case, the "Received" tracking OP is seeing is on the CGC submissions page which indicates that it has been received and entered into the system by CGC.  At this point, it isn't a case of the USPS losing a package.  Why it doesn't appear as delivered though on the USPS page is an oddity.

OP was worried about his package got lost in transit.

1 minute ago, JollyComics said:

OP was worried about his package got lost in transit.

Yeah, but he says he sees "Received" on the submissions page.  It's my understanding that when CGC receives books/forms, the book is confirmed and filed away while the form is documented within the CGC computer system.  If the book was lost in transit, it would never appear in CGC's submission system at all.

22 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Yeah, but he says he sees "Received" on the submissions page.  It's my understanding that when CGC receives books/forms, the book is confirmed and filed away while the form is documented within the CGC computer system.  If the book was lost in transit, it would never appear in CGC's submission system at all.

Yes that one too. He should have called CGC if they have his book. I think he got confused by that point when USPS didn't update it.

3 hours ago, JollyComics said:

Very good advice, thank you. Yea I guess I could call, and that wouldn’t be an issue. It was just strange to me without the tracking being updated, but who knows. Thank you all for all the responses!

Please add or correct for clarification.

From experience it tends to go this way:

Received - meaning it has arrived at CGC and placed in a line in order to be...

Verified - where the issue is verified it matches what is listed on the order form and placed in line to be

Scheduled for Grading - it is now near the front of the line and soon to be grabbed. If it is a single issue, it'll be quick. If part of a bundle then expect the status to change to 

Grading - it's when its being checked over, looked at, etc

Graded - tends to be the next step where it is again in line to be encapsulated and for Quality Control to go over it, just before being

Shipped/Safe - when CGC boxes them up and sends them off. They use to have an option to place them in a safe for local pick-up, alas no longer it seems. 

I send in groups of 25, so that could be the reason for it not being seen. Then I get anxious to see where the orders are in the process and check everyday at least twice. I guess it's an OCD thing.

Edited by Robert_L

1 hour ago, Robert_L said:

Please add or correct for clarification.

From experience it tends to go this way:

Received - meaning it has arrived at CGC and placed in a line in order to be...

Verified - where the issue is verified it matches what is listed on the order form and placed in line to be

Scheduled for Grading - it is now near the front of the line and soon to be grabbed. If it is a single issue, it'll be quick. If part of a bundle then expect the status to change to 

Grading - it's when its being checked over, looked at, etc

Graded/Quality Control - tends to be the next step where it is again in line to be encapsulated and for Quality Control to go over it, just before being

Shipped/Safe - when CGC boxes them up and sends them off. They use to have an option to place them in a safe for local pick-up, alas no longer it seems. 

updated for accuracy.

On 11/6/2018 at 9:46 AM, Nrrrrvous said:

Regarding the shipped/safe time period.  How does CGC ship and how long does it normally take?  (Not anxious at all, I promise)

If I remember correctly, it took a few days to be shipped after being encapsulated. I can’t remember 100%, I’m still a noob to this, but I don’t remember it taking very long.