• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is It Worth CGCing the Byrne FF Run?

97 posts in this topic

On 10/13/2018 at 2:57 PM, sfcityduck said:

I bought the Byrne FF run off the stands from 232 to 282.  Many are unread, almost all are newsstand fresh.  Are any or all of these worth slabbing?  

The way I look at it, I could (1) do a pre-screen for 9.8 and slab all of that quality for $20 each - which seems worthwhile), or (2) I could submit for a press and slab for $48 (fast track because I would prefer not to wait 5+ months) - which seems a little costly, or (3) both pre-screen for 9.8 and then submit the ones I think would hit 9.8 with a press for a press.  

Assuming I want to sell the comics, anyone know if this makes any economic sense?

With the way the market is now, everything is a key so why not?

19 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

285 is one of my all-time faves.

The whole run is amazing. 

I wasn't expecting that story when it came out, as I don't think the FF had ever really touched on anything like that before.

#236 - I just enjoy all the characters on the cover.
#274 is cool with Ben punching through the cover. I don't think there are a lot of solo Ben Grimm covers...
#275 is hilarious to me - I love that issue.
#283 has a sweet Psycho Man cover (and that was a pretty good story with the Invisible Girl/Woman as well)
#290 - great Annihilus cover.

#247 has a great Doom cover. I love 'larger than life size' Doom covers, like #39, 84, 86 and 259. (someone please post their sweet 247s!!)

And - just thought I'd throw out a couple of Byrne alternate covers to #293 that didn't make the cut.

FF 293-alt cover1.jpg

FF 293-alt cover2.jpg

On 5/26/2021 at 12:40 PM, HighVoltage said:

I wasn't expecting that story when it came out, as I don't think the FF had ever really touched on anything like that before.

#236 - I just enjoy all the characters on the cover.
#274 is cool with Ben punching through the cover. I don't think there are a lot of solo Ben Grimm covers...
#275 is hilarious to me - I love that issue.
#283 has a sweet Psycho Man cover (and that was a pretty good story with the Invisible Girl/Woman as well)
#290 - great Annihilus cover.

#247 has a great Doom cover. I love 'larger than life size' Doom covers, like #39, 84, 86 and 259. (someone please post their sweet 247s!!)

And - just thought I'd throw out a couple of Byrne alternate covers to #293 that didn't make the cut.

FF 293-alt cover1.jpg

FF 293-alt cover2.jpg

Both better than the one they used.  The first one is awesome.