• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOS 39 Grading w/Tape on Cover

3 posts in this topic

Hi there,

New to the boards. Looking to purchase this TOS 39 from my local comic shop. The cover is detached, the tape is the only thing holding the cover together. Book is complete otherwise. Has it listed as a 1.8, I agree with the condition but just worried about CGC grading. Will this still get me a blue label? Thanks for the info.

A3254226-4DB7-40C5-8CEE-9451F1EA0511.jpeg

From what I have read on this site CGC's stance on Scotch Tape is that it cannot be used to "improve" the condition of a book and a book with tape will be graded as if the tape was not present.

Since tape repair is allowed in a GD- 1.8 it should not affect the grade and the book should receive a universal blue label.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/3327/CGC-Modifies-Stance-on-Grading-Submissions-with-Tape/

That tape looks ready to just fall off practically!  Boy would that book improve if it comes right off and you get a nice press!  How much are they asking out of curiosity?