• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! Junk Thread! Just a preview to a bigger thread later!
2 2

39 posts in this topic

Been buying and upgrading a lot of books since my last sale thread. Also, cleaning out the junk pile collection a little. Got a full box of books and misc weird stuff that has been piling up. I don't have time to do them all now but am planning the big sale in two weeks. This will give you a taste of what is coming up. Probably my last one of the year. Thread crapping is always welcomed!

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage is $5.00 each for up to two comics, very well packaged. I will combine postage on multiple purchases. All will come with tracking. 

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

PM's and offers... I am trying to sell this stuff and want to get as much listed as I can. I try to price fairly. I probably won't have a lot of time to review PMs if I want to get this stuff listed. An "I'LL TAKE IT" icon takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you.

Payment is by PayPal within 3 days FIRM. I will also take checks and money orders if you let me know after I send you an invoice.

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had 3 or 4 in 40 years. 

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go...

Edited by Robot Man

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #15 Sept 1956 DC Publications

Tough, fun early issue. Hard to fin these early Jimmys...

Has a light waterstain on left side. Spine is neatly split at top down to first staple. 1-1/2" lower spine split as well. Book and centerfold bound fairly well to covers. Some wrinkling and small corner creases but nothing missing from covers or interiors. A decent reader.

Was $25.  Now $20.

jimmyolsen1.jpg

jimmyolsen2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Northwest Mounties (Approved #12) August 1954 St. John Publications

Outstanding signed Matt Baker cover.

Spine neatly split down to top staple. Bottom staple popped but still barely handing on. Very light waterstain down left edge. Some minor wrinkling and a small lower right corner crease. Complete cover with no pieces missing or other major damage. Interior paper is yellowed but supple. Tightly bound centerfold with clean staples. Looks great in a mylar.

Was $140.  Now $130.

northwestmounties1.jpg

northwestmounties2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Thrilling Sports Pulp Magazine Nov 1940 Thrilling Publication

Colorful football cover

A real nice copy. Tight, square, tight spine with full paper. A few very tiny edge tears as is common with most pulps. Small spot on back cover. Bright and clean with nice supple interior pages. Colors are blinding on this one.

Was $25.  Now $20.

thrillingsportspulpnov1.jpg

thrillingsportspulpnov2.jpg

thrillingsportspulpnov3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Here's a VERY cool item you will just never see for sale here on the boards...

BEANY & Cecil 1962 full color Lampshade. 12” round x 7-1/2” tall. Pictures: Beany, Wong,

Hunny Bear, Dishonest John and Capt. Huffenpuff (No Cecil he was the base) Excellent, un-used condition. Old store stock. Cool huh?  Not hard to find the lamp but the shades are always gone

Was $75.00 (postage will be determined by buyer's location) This is very light but will need to be double boxed. Shouldn't be more than maybe $20 I would think.......Now $65.!!!

beanylamp1.jpg

beanylamp2.jpg

beanylamp3.jpg

beanylamp4.jpg

beanylamp5.jpg

beanylamp6.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

More Fun Comics #93 Sept-Oct 1943 DC Publications

What a great book! Spectre, Dr. Fate, Aquaman, Green Arrow & Speedy and Johnny Quick. Not a bad read through out. Rarely see More Funs for sale any more.

This copy has a loose married centerfold. Has some small spine and bottom creases as well as a tiny chip out of bottom. Has 3 small pieces of tape on the interior holding the cover to the book. Light waterstain on edges on back cover plus a thin 3" long crease in upper cover edge. Solid copy otherwise with nice supple interior paper.

Was $175.00   Now $150.

morefun93a.jpg

morefun93b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Free to the next purchase, just claim it!

1983 Russ Cochran Products Catalog. Sports a great Crypt of Terror cover on one side and a Tales from the Crypt cover on the other. These are left over covers from the hardback book collections he first offered.

Claim it!

cochrancryptofterror.jpg

Mystery Tales #53 May 1957 Atlas Publications

Classic Atlas horror title. Has a nice Everett story within

Nice copy. Has some light spine wear and a few light wrinkles/creases on edges. Nice gloss with just minor wear. Book and centerfold bound well to covers with no splits, tears or missing pieces. Nice interior paper.

Was $90.  Now $75.

mysterytales53a.jpg

mysterytales53b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Adventures of MGM's Lassie 1949 Red Heart Dog Food Giveaway

Has 3 Lassie stories plus ads and premium offers.

A nice, clean, tight copy. 16 pages with self cover. Has a small 1-1/2" crease on Red Heart logo and a tiny 3/8" upper book tear. Clean, supple paper throughout with no damage. Scarce giveaway not listed in Overstreet.

$25.

lassie1.jpg

lassie2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Mickey Mouse "And the Sacred Jewel" Big Little Book #1187 1936

Cool, very early Disneyana full of "pie eyed" Mickey illustrations

Real nice, tight, square, clean copy. Has full paper spine well attached. Some stoopid kid neatly traced the "Sacred Jewel" words in pencil. Just minor wear. Nice, clean and tight supple interior pages.

Was $35. cheep!  Now $30. Cheeper!!

blbmmousesacredjewel1.jpg

blbmmousesacredjewel2.jpg

blbmmousesacredjewel3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Jumbo #24 Feb 1941 Friction House Publications

Cool, fat, very early GA book with great art and stories.

Spine is neatly taped and a couple of extra staples. Has a tiny bug hole right in the center of the letter "O" on cover. As well as a couple on back cover. Average, light general wear on edges and corners. Interior paper is cream but supple and very readable.

Was $110.  Now $90.

jumbo24a.jpg

jumbo24b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

The Adventures of FUB 1969 UC Berkley Underground Course Catalog

Lists tons of classes, not offered by the Universtiy but of interest to students. Interesting piece of the era. Fully illustrated in underground comic fashion. Real weird and scarce. Large 7-1/2" x 11" 48 pages + covers with a cool Jack Davis back cover.

Has numerous small wrinkles and small creases but no tears or missing pieces. Tight spine. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Yellowed but supple interior pages. Just try to find one of these!

Still $25. This is rare!

underground1.jpg

underground2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Pulled from this sale...

Voodoo #5 Jan 1953 Farrell Publications

Awsome, black cover. Has just sick interior stories including a Nazi Death Camp story that has to be read to be believed. One of the best issues in the run and super hot right now.

Cover is neatly detached from book. Has a couple of old tape stains at staples inside covers. Small piece out of lower spine. Several small edge creases and general wear. Bright and glossy cover with nothing missing. Centerfold well attached to book. Interior pages are yellowed but supple with no damage. Looks great in a mylar. Grab yourself a toughie.

voodoo1.jpg

voodoo2.jpg

voodoo3.jpg

voodoo4.jpg

voodoo5.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Anchors The Salt Water Daffy #2 March 1954 St. John Publications

A great, short run GGA title!

Nice, bright, clean, complete copy. Has a small chip out of top cover edge. Spline is neatly split about 1-1/2" from top down. Bottom staple is popped. A couple light bends and creases and a tiny chip out at bottom. Centerfold well attached to book. Nice, supple interior pages.

Was $45.  Now $40.

anchors1.jpg

anchors2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Voodoo #5 Jan 1953 Farrell Publications

Awsome, black cover. Has just sick interior stories including a Nazi Death Camp story that has to be read to be believed. One of the best issues in the run and super hot right now.

Cover is neatly detached from book. Has a couple of old tape stains at staples inside covers. Small piece out of lower spine. Several small edge creases and general wear. Bright and glossy cover with nothing missing. Centerfold well attached to book. Interior pages are yellowed but supple with no damage. Looks great in a mylar. Grab yourself a toughie.

$150.00

voodoo1.jpg

voodoo2.jpg

voodoo3.jpg

voodoo4.jpg

voodoo5.jpg

You weren’t kidding about that story. Man that is out of line.