• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating retrocomics
1 1

41 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, comicdonna said:

I am surprised that as much buying and selling he did here, nobody was able to find out where he is or what happened.  Did he use a physical address or PO box?  I did a deal  with him quite a while ago.  I suppose I could go back and check for an address.  

I have his address and plan to send a letter tomorrow to see if that will somehow make its way to him.  If no response i'll pay the money for a background check to track down his phone number which will be stated in the letter.

27 minutes ago, Keys_Collector said:

I have his address and plan to send a letter tomorrow to see if that will somehow make its way to him.  If no response i'll pay the money for a background check to track down his phone number which will be stated in the letter.

That sounds like a good plan.  Best of luck.  

17 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

Is there any way to confirm he is alive?

Makes no sense putting someone who may have died in the HoS.

Why are people assuming that something bad happened to him or that he is dead because he no longer posts on a forum?  People have done this for years on the internet without speculating of "is s/he dead"?

1 hour ago, Keys_Collector said:

Why are people assuming that something bad happened to him or that he is dead because he no longer posts on a forum?  People have done this for years on the internet without speculating of "is s/he dead"?

Because a guy selling here was murdered over some 'tune tumblers'.

If he died of COVID do you think that is relevant your missing funny books?

1 hour ago, Keys_Collector said:
19 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

Is there any way to confirm he is alive?

Makes no sense putting someone who may have died in the HoS.

Why do you assume that he intentionally screwed people over instead of something bad happening to him or him being dead?

13 minutes ago, NP_Gresham said:

If he died of COVID do you think that is relevant your missing funny books?

He died of Covid 2 years ago?  Ok....

There's literally fraud and people stealing money all over the internet and yet here its "Lets assume something bad happened to him" instead of "lets just assume he intentionally stole peoples money".  That's so strange to me.  First time I've ever encountered that when 99% of the time, people leave and you never hear from them again because they are thieves.

17 minutes ago, Keys_Collector said:

He died of Covid 2 years ago?  Ok....

There's literally fraud and people stealing money all over the internet and yet here its "Lets assume something bad happened to him" instead of "lets just assume he intentionally stole peoples money".  That's so strange to me.  First time I've ever encountered that when 99% of the time, people leave and you never hear from them again because they are thieves.

He is on the PL. You are asking for the HoS.  As Crasus told you, that is another level and you need to make a case for that.

Where else is he selling?

Is he posting on another forum?

Any information on the address he gave you or activity with his PP account?

And BTW, did you reverse the charges on PP?  I hope you were able to get your money back.

Getting mad at those asking questions does not make your case.

Please state any additional information you have.

16 minutes ago, NP_Gresham said:

He is on the PL. You are asking for the HoS.  As Crasus told you, that is another level and you need to make a case for that.

I'm not sure what other case needs to be made other then; he took peoples money and disappeared, 2 years later there's been no sign of him, that isn't enough for HOS?

Where else is he selling?

Do not know

Is he posting on another forum?

Do not know

Any information on the address he gave you or activity with his PP account?

No

And BTW, did you reverse the charges on PP?  I hope you were able to get your money back.

I foolishly paid without GS protection because of his supposed good reputation here.  People can say "always use GS" but you and I know that transactions happen often for big dollars with GS.

Getting mad at those asking questions does not make your case.

It is somewhat frustrating when I told people I lost money and they were defending him then and now 2 years later are still defending him.

Please state any additional information you have.

Most relevant information should be on the sales thread and here on this thread.

Did he ask for PayPal F&F ?

Do you have a PM conversation with him asking for unsecured payment?

That is an additional rules violation and shows he may have put some thought into defrauding people.

On 7/8/2020 at 8:35 AM, Keys_Collector said:

Have to say that I was a little bothered by people immediately rallying around him when some people were out money.  I never got my money back or any books.  He deserves to be in the HOS IMO but i'm not even sure enough people would care to vote in the poll.  

Where did the "people rallying around him" occur?  Was it in another thread?  I just went back and read this whole thread. One boardie "Jaydee" suggested a little bit of leeway be granted.  That's it. No rallying.

He may have stolen your money. He may have died.  Since I have been here SEVERAL boardies have died. It happens.  Sticking to the facts and avoiding hyperbole will help with your credibility long term here.

23 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

Where did the "people rallying around him" occur?  Was it in another thread?  I just went back and read this whole thread. One boardie "Jaydee" suggested a little bit of leeway be granted.  That's it. No rallying.

He may have stolen your money. He may have died.  Since I have been here SEVERAL boardies have died. It happens.  Sticking to the facts and avoiding hyperbole will help with your credibility long term here.

You read this thread or the original sales thread?  That is what I was referring to.  Not sure what "hyperbole" I was using and I did stick to the facts of what we know and what I personally know of him stealing my money.  I don't know what happened to him so I can't say "what if something happened to him".  The facts are that he took my money and others then disappeared.  Not sure why I need to defend my position when I am the one who had money stolen from me.  I was done here when NP started asking me questions as if the facts aren't present on him taking multiple peoples money and not delivering.  I shouldn't need to present anything further when there are past conversations from 2 years ago over on his sales thread with multiple people saying they paid and never received any books.  That to me is crazy that I need to defend myself in any way, shape or form.  I am done here. 

Edited by Keys_Collector

1 hour ago, seanfingh said:

I did go back to the original sales thread and people did rally behind retro... and with reason. Allot of people had dealt with him without issue before and his disappearance was unlike him. 

I wanted to point this out because keys_collector wasn't using hyperbole.  

I guess,  in my mind,  the distinction between PL and HOS isn't important. He won't be buying or selling here unless he comes back to make things right.  If he's passed it's a moot point. 

It does seem that he fell into some hard times. According to the thread,  he took books he didn't pay for prior to this, his son had medical bills,  his parents got hit by a hurricane...

If we believe all of these unfortunate events happened, I don't think it's unrealistic to assume buying and selling comics wasn't at the top of his mind and the easiest way to deal with it was to disappear. 

That of course doesn't make it right. 

As for keys_collectors,  having purchased from him and corresponding with him on these boards, he is a good member of this community.   So let's not let an ugly situation from 2 years ago create unnecessary rifts.

Edited by KCOComics

7 hours ago, Keys_Collector said:

You read this thread or the original sales thread?  That is what I was referring to.  Not sure what "hyperbole" I was using and I did stick to the facts of what we know and what I personally know of him stealing my money.  I don't know what happened to him so I can't say "what if something happened to him".  The facts are that he took my money and others then disappeared.  Not sure why I need to defend my position when I am the one who had money stolen from me.  I was done here when NP started asking me questions as if the facts aren't present on him taking multiple peoples money and not delivering.  I shouldn't need to present anything further when there are past conversations from 2 years ago over on his sales thread with multiple people saying they paid and never received any books.  That to me is crazy that I need to defend myself in any way, shape or form.  I am done here. 

The problem your facing is that you’re trying to upgrade the charges without any new evidence.  The incident from two years ago occurred, and he’s on the PL for it. If you read through some of the past HOS nominations, you can see that there’s a pattern of misbehavior that land someone in there.  

At this juncture, it doesn’t seem like the offender has risen to that level.  Yes, it is very possible that he scammed you.  But, it is also possible he did die or have some other life altering event occur that has driven him away from the boards unexpectedly.  

I’m sure a lot of us here can sympathize with being out money in a bad transaction.  Unfortunately it happens. Heck, I once unwittingly bought a book from Danny Dupcak.  

Bottom line - what has he subsequently done to deserve being put in the HOS?  Simply not responding to the situation that landed him on the PL isn’t going to cut it for the HOS for the majority of us.

On 7/9/2020 at 5:05 PM, Keys_Collector said:

Good man. The point is he is Schrodingers cat. The likelihood that he skipped is greater than the likelihood he's dead. He reported "family issues" or "crisis" he had to deal with and split. But yet had time enough to collect peoples money for books that were never sent. Then vanished. So what his son had his appendix out. Has anyone here clung to anyones bed 24 hours a day after they had an appendectomy? Seems unlikely. I'd be miffed as well if everyone just assumed he had fallen afoul of something. After all, they don't have a nickel into it so they can afford to be oh-so understanding and mild.

On 7/10/2020 at 2:38 PM, Keys_Collector said:

Retro also took my money and disappeared.  I believe we should all live up to our commitments and he clearly did not. 

But I don't see the concern about what may have happened to him or the discussion about elevating him to the HOS as unreasonable or an attack on you.  As I recall he was under a lot of stress and his sudden disappearance is concerning.  This is a community and worrying about Retro or anyone who suddenly quits posting is what we do.

Essentially I believe the HOS is for people who've proven themselves to be untrustworthy and for lack of a better term super villains with evil intent.  He's let us down but I'm worried about him and not sure how I would vote for a HOS nomination.  I think it's fair that you nominate him and see where it goes.