• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another nOOb question about slab tampering

12 posts in this topic

Hi all, new member & new to collecting graded comics. I recently purchased a signature series graded comic on eBay. I was looking at it closer and noticed that the sticker at the very top was coming off. I also noticed that the case was kind of squeaky I don’t know how else to describe it. When it’s laid flat the front part of the case raises up. When compared to my other graded Comics with the blue labels I noticed that the label is covered with plastic.  Is this normal or did someone switch my book ? Any input would be appreciated.

8F63F844-96F0-4D07-947F-DFC3B219F547.jpeg

2F31996D-24A8-4809-9E4A-955B72B8ADB1.jpeg

10D2AAF4-B8F6-472C-AD2C-9414F212D1D8.jpeg

As above!

You look to be safe. The older cases had 'stickers' on top labeling the comic itself. They can come unglued. The rest of the case looks fine too. If you tamper with the case by opening it, the case tends to spider on the opposite end. Give the comic a once over through the case, search for any obvious flaws beyond the 9.6 grade. If you really want, you can send it in to CGC to get reholdered to the newer case.

Welcome to the boards!

Thanks everybody, I feel much better about my purchase. The book itself looks good, the corners are really sharp. I did a quick google search but I can’t seem to find a matching Bendis signiture. They seem to vary from what I’ve seen.

7 hours ago, JollyComics said:

Can you show us the label (front only)?

Should I blur the number above the barcode? 

E04F5A3D-B240-41D4-859E-3A627DA6C308.jpeg

7 hours ago, Punisher03 said:

Thanks everybody, I feel much better about my purchase. The book itself looks good, the corners are really sharp. I did a quick google search but I can’t seem to find a matching Bendis signiture. They seem to vary from what I’ve seen.

Should I blur the number above the barcode? 

Not necessary. Just show us the label.