• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Creepy 1 CGC 9.4 Frazetta signed
2 2

97 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, icefires said:

Creepy #1 SS is NOT an $8,000 book! But go ahead and keep rubbing it in. Wife and I are now eating canned cat food because of this drunken mistake.....

Chop a hot dog up in it.  Yummy:insane:

1 hour ago, Randall Dowling said:

For what it's worth, I think every collector has had one of those purchases where we're impulsive and regret it later.  I know I have a few in my past.  It doesn't change the fact that it's a very cool book.

Now, picture please?  Or it didn't happen!  :sumo:

Sometimes even “questionable” prices paid can pay off in the long run. 

I’ve always believed if you overpay for quality you at least improve your odds at recapturing your investment at some point.

There’s a Creepy #15 up on eBay right now with a asking price of $7500.00. Not up on Frazetta sigs pricing but I’d imagine they get a healthy increase every year since no chance of more being made and Frazetta prices on books I believe still have a lot of upside...

2 hours ago, icefires said:

Creepy #1 SS is NOT an $8,000 book! But go ahead and keep rubbing it in. Wife and I are now eating canned cat food because of this drunken mistake.....

You were just ahead of your time. I'm sure when your great great grandkids sell it they will see a profit.    

:shy:

4 hours ago, icefires said:

I posted that a year ago, so I guess I have been rubbing it in since then?

16 hours ago, seanfingh said:

I posted that a year ago, so I guess I have been rubbing it in since then?

Nope. But every time someone makes a post to this thread, I go read it, then end up reading the whole thread again. So it just seems like it......  lol    :foryou:

Edited by icefires

On 10/15/2019 at 10:23 AM, Randall Dowling said:

For what it's worth, I think every collector has had one of those purchases where we're impulsive and regret it later.  I know I have a few in my past.  It doesn't change the fact that it's a very cool book.

Now, picture please?  Or it didn't happen!  :sumo:

Everything I buy is impulsive and a mistake. But I wish I was impulsive and mistake prone when the Frazetta Thun'da Okajima was initially offered for circa 3k (since nearly tripled in a very short order). 

2 hours ago, bounty_coder said:

Was a picture ever shared of this White Whale @icefires ?

Please indulge us fan boys. :foryou:

images.jpg.189644ffb798c5ada45c35d0b7029a20.jpg

It is white, but not sure it's a whale, unless you are referring to how fast it is. Physically, it is heavy, but not exactly whalish in size. Does it look like Moby D*ck? I don't think so.

Edited by icefires

15 hours ago, bounty_coder said:

Or traded for a White Bugatti? (shrug)

Would probably take a decent Action #1 to acquire a Bugatti Veyron. ;)

An oil change for this car averages $20,000.

Edited by icefires