• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade is in! Tales of suspense 52 please and thank you!
1 1

14 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:
5 hours ago, Dino-Mutt said:

4.5? i think it could be higher with a press, IMHO

I agree with your assessment of grade but not sure about a press helping. There are some large corner creases that deeply break color.

Edited 4 hours ago by Bomber-Bob

My guess here is that BB and DM haven't submitted many lower grade books for slabbing (apologies to both if you have.) I do agree with BB that I would not press this book. But hey, I've only (voluntarily) had one book pressed (a GSXM1 expertly done by joeypost.)

Edited by divad

12 hours ago, divad said:

At least a 5.5 with a fair chance at an even 6.0. Very timely pick-up indeed! (thumbsu

I paid a bit more then I would for a VG on this one as I thought it was a pretty mid-grade copy so I thought we would be in the 5's safely. When I saw the first few remarks I became a bit nervous lol. That being said I probably will send it to be pressed as the outside corners are a bit messy. And as far as timing.. yes I wanted to get into it as it is one of the few none-number 1 SA marvel first appearances that I did not own yet and with her movie looming I knew this would probably be the last shot reasonably. 

Myself I am at a solid 5.o but I most definitely would press and clean this book...because you will never pass that way again, and might as well get it fixed and brought up to its best while you can rather than wait and have to redo it in twenty years when it costs so much more because you are torn if the half gradei it might gain from a press and clean is worth it.......unless your plan is slab and sell.

6 hours ago, Soundwaves favorite song said:

Myself I am at a solid 5.o but I most definitely would press and clean this book...because you will never pass that way again, and might as well get it fixed and brought up to its best while you can rather than wait and have to redo it in twenty years when it costs so much more because you are torn if the half gradei it might gain from a press and clean is worth it.......unless your plan is slab and sell.

Since I plan on keeping it those are my thoughts exactly

1 hour ago, Lamborghinikid said:

I’m by no means a grader but I think this book looks better than the Avengers 1 I sent in a few weeks ago. I had it pressed by ccs and that book came back as a 5.5.

They always give their own work higher grades . . . otherwise, why would they offer the service? :baiting: