• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Secret Defenders 1 Black Error Cover

19 posts in this topic

Hey all!  

I'm relatively new to the CGC Chat Boards (even though I've been known to comb through the threads from time to time) but not new to comics.  I recently came across this guy - a Secret Defenders 1, which like the Lethal Protector 1 error black cover, is missing the red foil layer.  In doing a little digging, I was able to find one copy of the error cover on the CGC census (which sold at Heritage in 2013 for around $100).  These error covers seem to have taken off since.  Anyone know anything about this book?  Relative scarcity?  I'm assuming this book had a significantly lower print run than Lethal Protector - but I could be wrong and I know nothing about the defect rate of either book.  Approximate value?  Thanks in advance for any help and looking forward to becoming a more active member of the forum.

-Dan

IMG_8541.thumb.JPG.53f85de6ac1de730f1ec06edcd9479a1.JPG

Agreed about the sig!  I know there are a lot of people that don't care for a verified signature program, but I'm not one of those people.  I really wish CGC offered a Verified Signature program or something like it, as I prefer CGC's cases, customer service, etc.  But I really do not like green labels haha.

33 minutes ago, datlas07 said:

Agreed about the sig!  I know there are a lot of people that don't care for a verified signature program, but I'm not one of those people.  I really wish CGC offered a Verified Signature program or something like it, as I prefer CGC's cases, customer service, etc.  But I really do not like green labels haha.

PGX and CBCS will verify anything :roflmao:

19 hours ago, datlas07 said:

Thanks fastball!  (love the name btw - two of my favorite characters). I’m very excited about it.  Didn’t even realized it existed until recently

Indeed, Stan's sig on any book is worth a minimum of $40-50 (certified or not). Put that on top of the error value, AND it looks a tad minty too! Congrats!:applause:

21 hours ago, A-DONIS said:

HUH???????????????

im still new to the hobby ive been told by a lot of people that cgc and cbc were partners or bought each other out or something like that so im sure you can understand my confusion aswell

Edited by JcomicJ
typo

1 minute ago, JcomicJ said:

im still new to the hobby ive been told by a lot of people that cgc and cgc were partners or bought each other out or something like that so im sure you can understand my confusion aswell

Cgc is cgc :roflmao:

:baiting: I’m just messing with ya.   

5 minutes ago, JcomicJ said:

im still new to the hobby ive been told by a lot of people that cgc and cgc were partners or bought each other out or something like that so im sure you can understand my confusion aswell

The founder of cbcs used to run CGC.

Edited by comicdonna