• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FF 48 vs Strange Tales 110 both Keys
2 2

30 posts in this topic

On 10/17/2018 at 10:52 AM, www.alexgross.com said:

show me a silver age collector who doesnt covet an AF15 5.0 or 5.5! it's the holy grail for us, and unless you think people are tired of spidey, will continue to be for a long while. it's also proven as a great investment. my 4.5 is worth twice what i paid just a few years ago. that wont happen every year but over 5 years its a great great book to own. the other two you are looking at are nowhere as safe a bet. though they certainly could do well too. if you dont have an af15, and investing is a priority for you, you really ought to consider that in your decision. but if its more about a book you love, and that is rare, then st110 9.4 seems like the better move than ff48 imho.

17 hours ago, Readcomix said:

If you want an AF15, a 5.5 puts you in the top 20% of universal graded copies, fwiw. Food for thought when comparing the higher grade other two books for your choice. 

11 hours ago, JohnH19 said:

If I had 30K to spend on a comic book I would absolutely go for a mid grade AF 15. FF 48 and ST 110 are great books to own but you can purchase any silver age book when you have that much available to spend. There are so many attractive possibilities...

11 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Yeah, I agree. Why waste time with Doc Strange or Norrin Radd when you could own a decent copy of AF 15, the most important Marvel Comic ever? You could also consider taking some of that disposable cash/credit and invest in Carol Danvers i.e. a really nice copy of MSH 13. Looks like she might be the MCU's Superman going forward. With the company's name in her title, Disney/Marvel ain't messing around with Captain Marvel.

Well it seems for the amount of money to get FF 48 9.8 or ST 110 9.4 it would be better spent on a mid-grade AF 15 (especially since I don't own a copy and I have been a Spidey fanboy since my teens and way more than SS and Dr. Strange combined).

I guess I just got caught up on those other two books being so high-graded, so I think probably good idea to take a look at some deals on AF 15 or X-Men 1 and get those Keys first but either way thanks for all your inputs ??

9 hours ago, carefulsum said:

Well it seems for the amount of money to get FF 48 9.8 or ST 110 9.4 it would be better spent on a mid-grade AF 15 (especially since I don't own a copy and I have been a Spidey fanboy since my teens and way more than SS and Dr. Strange combined).

I guess I just got caught up on those other two books being so high-graded, so I think probably good idea to take a look at some deals on AF 15 or X-Men 1 and get those Keys first but either way thanks for all your inputs ??

FF #1

13 hours ago, carefulsum said:

sounds like a smart move imho

My gut says go with FF 48 but long term it's tuff to say.

There's a good chance none would be a great investment long term for two reasons in my opinion.

1. The financial market hasn't had a major correction in a while and you can bet in the next 5+ years it's more then likely to hit.

2. After infinity war part 2 nobody knows how much longer super hero movies will remain at the top of the cultural food chain.

I would personally go with whatever makes you happiest.