Obscure charater OA you have....let's see you top this!
1 1

67 posts in this topic

333 posts

I give you.......

Amanita of the Green Lantern Corps!!! Penciled and inked by the late under appreciated Alan Kupperberg.

oihjih-08h.thumb.jpg.90572494d258e2dfbc79072a937bfe9c.jpg

11,150 posts

Rintrah and Pip the Troll

drs35p9.jpg

1,289 posts
1 hour ago, Blastaar said:

Amanita of the Green Lantern Corps!!!

I've shown this beauty recently, but... Seen and raised. I give you Driq from Criq, the GL who just won't die. Courtesy Joe Staton.

882391568_JoeStatonGreenLanternDriqfromCriqNYCC(Large).thumb.jpg.f6a6b2d9884a92c5c8d3f63977fa8d64.jpg

769 posts
11 hours ago, lobrac said:

Marvel Premiere #31 page 16 (by Giffen & Janson) -- 1st appearance and origin of WOODGOD! From the minds of Bill Mantlo and Keith Giffen (with a cover by King Kirby), the Man-Brute called WOODGOD premiered in the pages of Marvel Premiere #31 in 1976. Woodgod, Marvel's best all-nude superhero! It's only a matter of time before Disney/Marvel makes a big-budget Woodgod movie. Who would play Woodgod? Ben Stiller, Matthew McConaughey, Tyler Hoechlin, Shia LeBuff??? Maybe Woodgod will team-up with Marvel's second best all-nude superhero, Man-Thing? Coming soon to a theater near you, hopefully in 4D Imax....Disney/Marvel Presents: GIANT-SIZE MAN-THING & WOODGOD! I can see Stan Lee and his signature cologne making a great cameo in this film! By the way, I got a whiff of that cologne and you know what it smells like? Jack Kirby's tears.

SCREAM!

1,649 posts
12 hours ago, lobrac said:

Marvel Premiere #31 page 16 (by Giffen & Janson) -- 1st appearance and origin of WOODGOD! From the minds of Bill Mantlo and Keith Giffen (with a cover by King Kirby), the Man-Brute called WOODGOD premiered in the pages of Marvel Premiere #31 in 1976. Woodgod, Marvel's best all-nude superhero! It's only a matter of time before Disney/Marvel makes a big-budget Woodgod movie. Who would play Woodgod? Ben Stiller, Matthew McConaughey, Tyler Hoechlin, Shia LeBuff??? Maybe Woodgod will team-up with Marvel's second best all-nude superhero, Man-Thing? Coming soon to a theater near you, hopefully in 4D Imax....Disney/Marvel Presents: GIANT-SIZE MAN-THING & WOODGOD! I can see Stan Lee and his signature cologne making a great cameo in this film! By the way, I got a whiff of that cologne and you know what it smells like? Jack Kirby's tears.

Given the "success" DC just had with the Batawang, you might  be onto something. #MarvelAfterDark

1,704 posts
13 hours ago, lobrac said:

Marvel Premiere 31 page 16.jpg

The artist nightmare ... because it doesn't matter where the light source for the image is coming from, a strategically placed shadow is always required 

769 posts
49 minutes ago, JadeGiant said:

The artist nightmare ... because it doesn't matter where the light source for the image is coming from, a strategically placed shadow is always required 

We never got to the part of the origin where the superpower of light-dampening thighs was explained, but I'm betting that would have been a 3-issue arc.

1,704 posts
10 minutes ago, glendgold said:

We never got to the part of the origin where the superpower of light-dampening thighs was explained, but I'm betting that would have been a 3-issue arc.

Not even Batman could master the superpower of light-dampening thighs

3,587 posts
45 minutes ago, glendgold said:

...but I'm betting that would have been a 3-issue arc.

Doubtful. In the era of compressed storytelling the entire matter could have been settled in one Steve Englehart text box party.

333 posts
18 hours ago, BCarter27 said:

I've shown this beauty recently, but... Seen and raised. I give you Driq from Criq, the GL who just won't die. Courtesy Joe Staton.

882391568_JoeStatonGreenLanternDriqfromCriqNYCC(Large).thumb.jpg.f6a6b2d9884a92c5c8d3f63977fa8d64.jpg

Very cool.  Is that a legit character? 

7,296 posts

Wish I still had my Defenders page with...The Headmen!

3,256 posts

Yay. I can play...

Hodag.jpg.9b87ab93a25587e3b88ee8e9e9fd06af.jpg

#10 of Badger - First appearance of "Hodag", and as the Badger hails from Wisconsin it seems fitting that his nemesis draws on the local folklore https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hodag . I have always wondered how relevant that reference is in wider America? I do have more obscure bit part players in CAF and some I haven't popped on there but thought I would go with one that at least had several appearances under his belt.

I also like that this thread is cropping up a few unusual sketches. If I had to pick an unusual one from what we have then it's the one that my daughter got from Carlos Ezquerra of Fionna the Human (which is from Adventure Time universe, more specifically it's from the gender bent fan fiction universe that exists within the Adventure time universe). Everyone was glad that she had brought some reference for Carlos to look at :bigsmile: . I just really really like it.

O660eCsp_3009160920301gpadd.jpg.268f663cfc37fc2ded9035ab28ed818d.jpg

4 posts

Not really sure if it counts as obscure but definitely the most non-comic related in my original art and commission collection.  Lacey Underall from Caddyshack by Josh Howard.

IMG_20181017_204225-01.jpeg