• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not my week for packages

34 posts in this topic

I just don't understand sellers sometimes.  I would never, EVER, send a package like these 2 below.

So, since my LCS sold out of Batman Damned, I had to get one off of EBay. Anyone that has seen the book, know it is larger than a regular book.  So, let's put it in one of those cardboard mailers for a regular sized book.  Then we won't use any cardboard, except for a backing board and let the corners stick out of the edges of the inner cardboard protector.  Guess what happened?  The seller is going to send a replacement., so, KUDOS to him.  Hopefully he takes notice of how I packaged it for the return.

20181012_181728.jpg.b8f3d40765856cd7b6666261cbb60bd6.jpg

Then, I get this slab in the mail today.  I just e-mailed the seller, so, I'll see what he says about this one.  He sent it media mail as well.

20181016_180007.thumb.jpg.143aa0ed285dff75c142e33bfc468abb.jpg

20181016_180019.thumb.jpg.4aa4975218f62719c310392e538301ea.jpg

20181016_180145.thumb.jpg.4589a2377cda7e8f428b338fee546392.jpg

This is the inner protection the slab was wrapped in.

1367097483_20181016_1841241.jpg.7c391f5c38bb5734d9619bf367858655.jpg

20181016_180527.thumb.jpg.f36774b395d6bdb3ca77d30877eea114.jpg

Edited by aszumilo

Just heard back from seller.  He is going to refund after I return it.  Glad he is standing behind his selling, so, KUDOS to him as well for that.

Hello,
I dont believe it. Those monkeys at the USPS cant read.
Better yet...why do they put it thru when they KNOW its damaged ??
insufficiently_thoughtful_persons
Please do a return and Ill gladly refund the total cost. I would like that
shipped back. Time to bring it to them at the USPS and say what the HELL !?
(( bangin head on table ))

Can't believe he is blaming this on the Post Office, after all he did write:

Do not drop

Do not bend

Do not crush

Fragile

Edited by aszumilo

4 minutes ago, aszumilo said:

Just heard back from seller.  He is going to refund after I return it.  Glad he is standing behind his selling, so, KUDOS to him as well for that.

Can't believe he is blaming this on the Post Office, after all he did write:

Do not drop

Do not bend

Do not crush

Fragile

wow he sounds like that mechanic and customer guy-

can you just ship my package in the used container I got to save money and guarantee it will arrive in better condition than I sent it?  Why are you trying to rip me off-

I feel your pain.  I was waiting for a nice pre-code book to arrive, hard to believe some one would send a $500 book like this.  It wasn’t even in a bag and board, no cardboard for support inside its “package”.

Arrived with a detached cover, and like yours it is on its way back to sender.

81DB1958-0EA7-4862-B382-116F63999D3D.jpeg

9 minutes ago, 427Impaler said:

I feel your pain.  I was waiting for a nice pre-code book to arrive, hard to believe some one would send a $500 book like this.  It wasn’t even in a bag and board, no cardboard for support inside its “package”.

I'm surprised the Post Office accepted that with Duct Tape on it, instead of packing tape.  I've seen the P.O. refuse quite a few packages, from customers, that had duct tape.

28 minutes ago, aszumilo said:

I'm surprised the Post Office accepted that with Duct Tape on it, instead of packing tape.  I've seen the P.O. refuse quite a few packages, from customers, that had duct tape.

I was a little shocked also, it went through the Global Shipping Program!

The seller wants me to send back the original packaging, so, he can take it to the post office to complain about it.  Told him to let me know how it goes.  Not seeing how the post office will take responsibility for it, but, we'll see.  I don't think he had insurance on it and since it was sent media mail, I think it is an exercise in futility.

Edited by aszumilo

3 hours ago, 427Impaler said:

Not even a bag and board?! doh!

5 hours ago, 427Impaler said:

Ohhhh I got my Golden Age Batman 47 like that.  Except mine wasn't sent via priority mail. It was sent in a regular manilla envelope with a shirt box side of cardboard.  After it was pressed it came back a 6.0.  I can only imagine what it would have been if sent properly. Seller refunded a significant amount on the book but I would have rather had a book in better condition than a 6.0 at half guide than what might have been a 7.0 or higher. 

I recently got a book sent to me with no bag or board in a soft mailer with no other packaging. Fortunately it was an inexpensive book in lower grade, and didn't seem to have been damaged in shipping, but really?

A lot of sellers who only sell part time believe that writing fragile and do not bend on a package
makes some sort of different it doesn't. 

Now on the other hand I have had packages get to me with less then a sheet of one sheet thick of
light cardboard and the book taped to it and not a scratch.

All that being said you can put enough cardboard in the package as seller. 

2 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

I wish I could say that I'm shocked at the above examples, but I've seen too much to be shocked anymore...:tonofbricks:

I think we all have.  Although, the way the slab was shipped was a new low for me.  Never had anything packaged that poorly before and I have gotten some pretty bad packages before this one.

2 minutes ago, aszumilo said:

I think we all have.  Although, the way the slab was shipped was a new low for me.  Never had anything packaged that poorly before and I have gotten some pretty bad packages before this one.

I certainly feel your pain...  :foryou:

On 10/16/2018 at 7:31 PM, 427Impaler said:

Screenshot 2018-10-21 at 6.49.39 PM.png

I also had some bad luck this last week with a few packages. Had a package stolen from my front door step, luckily it was only a $10 bluray. The real bad one was a Iron Fist 14 slab that i bought on ebay. Seller decided to throw the slab in a padded envelope with no protection at all and send it on its way like that.....so yea to no ones suprise it was completely wrecked. Seller offered to refund or pay for reholder but this is just ridiculous!

20181020_123053-1.jpg

20181020_144217.jpg

20181020_144233.jpg

20181020_144242.jpg

20181020_144301.jpg

Edited by DarkPhantom13