• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new batch of CGC books - no inner well :(
3 3

92 posts in this topic

Ummm those have the inner wells..............just looks like the book shifted towards the bottom during shipping.  See the heat lines on both sides????

Edited by A-DONIS

3 minutes ago, A-DONIS said:

Ummm those have the inner wells..............just looks like the book shifted towards the bottom during shipping.  See the heat lines on both sides????

Not the traditional ones see these

1016 011.jpg

1016 017.jpg

9 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

I'm getting a batch of my own back today, hope none of them look like that Saga. Did you contact CGC @jsilverjanet and ask them WTF?

Not yet. Wanted to find out if anyone else was getting them like this or if this was a one time error

8 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Not yet. Wanted to find out if anyone else was getting them like this or if this was a one time error

25 slabs will be landing on my doorstep today. I'll check to see if any have the same :censored: holders as yours and let you know. (thumbsu

23 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

You are not alone. Others have same problems. I think the few new employees in Encapsulation area made mistakes (I saw job ads that CGC was looking for someone to be filled in few positions in Quality Control).

56 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:
1 hour ago, Black_Adam said:

I'm getting a batch of my own back today, hope none of them look like that Saga. Did you contact CGC @jsilverjanet and ask them WTF?

I've cracked out a couple slabs lately that were like the ones you just got back.  By eliminating the corner dimples, maybe they are trying to mitigate some of the damage those dimples have done to past encapsulated books.

I've been seeing these for a while. A couple of books I got back at C2E2 had those. I also thought there was no inner well at first but was told otherwise.

I've also been seeing a lot of problems like what's going on in this thread -

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/440282-cgc-comic-badly-encased-purchased-from-ebay-seller/

Seems like the book gets shifted during shipping but the seals are not holding. Certainly seems like a defect or quality control issue.

What I'm wondering is how are these inner wells different from the creep engine slabs other than the heat seals? It just seems like two sheets of plastic sealed at the edges with no space inside for the book. Maybe there is room but I just don't see it.  Has anyone cracked one of these out?

Edited by BriD.
posted wrong link

28 minutes ago, kimik said:

I received one in my latest shipment like the Saga posted above and it did result in damage to the bottom of the book. I will be contacting CGC about it this week. 

Please let us know what happens when you contact CGC regarding this? This whole situation does not sound good. 

:/